BattleMaster > Development

Feature Cut: Region Loyalty

(1/5) > >>

Tom:
This is a huge system that has been in the game for a very long time. It was added when regions switched hands rapidly, to make people consider holding them longer. It was also added to dissuade looting back when that was rampant. Both problems that we don't have anymore.

But my main interest in considering to remove it is not so much the complexity as that it doesn't fit to the vision of the game I have anymore. I would like to move closer to a "the peasants don't really care that much about which flag flies over the castle" vision. If the peasants have an opinion, it should be much more localized - they might like their lord or not. But I don't see why the peasants should care about realms.

Kain:
I agree. Remove it :)

Anaris:
My first reaction is "Yeep! That's gonna screw up SO MUCH STUFF!"

My second thought is, "Hm. He makes some good points."

My third is, "But it's still gonna screw up SO MUCH STUFF!"

I don't think we should do this immediately, because it will require totally rebalancing 3/4 of the game or more.  However, I think it's worth discussing replacing realm loyalty with loyalty to individuals.

Perth:

--- Quote from: Anaris on October 21, 2011, 07:11:11 PM ---However, I think it's worth discussing replacing realm loyalty with loyalty to individuals.

--- End quote ---

This could be very cool.

Sacha:
So basically instead of 'Loyalty - Keplerstan' it would change to 'Loyalty - Lord Kepler'? I could go for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version