Author Topic: Friendly rebellion - A case for the Titans?  (Read 29361 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly rebellion - A case for the Titans?
« Reply #90: October 18, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
That's what you get in games like BattleMaster: Everyone wants to be special. Very few people are content to be the normal, run of the mill noble who just does exactly what's expected of him.

OK, reading that back a day later, it sounds a bit harsher than I intended.

It's perfectly reasonable that all the players want to play a character that is somehow different, or special. I didn't mean to imply that players should be content to play sheeple all the time. (Although, IMNSHO, the game does need a fair amount of characters that are played as sheeple just to keep things functional and not utter chaos. Most people facilitate this with "dump characters", or newer characters they are allowing to gain skill/honor/prestige while they focus on other, more developed characters.) All I meant was that you can't just say that something should be infrequent, or special, or "if you have a good reason". Because "special" or "with good reason" defines the majority of the situations and actions that most characters feel they are in and doing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #91: October 18, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
OK, reading that back a day later, it sounds a bit harsher than I intended.

It's perfectly reasonable that all the players want to play a character that is somehow different, or special. I didn't mean to imply that players should be content to play sheeple all the time. (Although, IMNSHO, the game does need a fair amount of characters that are played as sheeple just to keep things functional and not utter chaos. Most people facilitate this with "dump characters", or newer characters they are allowing to gain skill/honor/prestige while they focus on other, more developed characters.) All I meant was that you can't just say that something should be infrequent, or special, or "if you have a good reason". Because "special" or "with good reason" defines the majority of the situations and actions that most characters feel they are in and doing.

I knew what you meant, not sure if everyone else did.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: October 18, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
Well, yeah,based on your "Llama Meat" comment, I figured you did. Just reading my comment back today, i can see how it could be misinterpreted.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.