Author Topic: Bandit Continent  (Read 2856 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Bandit Continent
« Topic Start: March 22, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
Would be interesting to see a continent that was very early Medieval times, like just coming out of the Dark Ages. Realms would be limited to only 1 regions. So I would it would just a King and maybe two of his knights. Would be interesting game dynamics as there would be many of these realms. Rulers of a city would have an advantage because of gold, but they could use there bigger army to exert authority on nearby regions to work with them which would simulate the formation of realms, but game mechanics would prohibit that from going further. Cities would also be the goal of all players. Instead of Monster and Undead it would Bandits. But I think the coolest thing would be have players perform as Bandits giving greater ability to perform as rouge. Troop limit would be greatly raised for all players, so it would be possible for a rouge player to amass a big army. He could then act like a mercenary, ask for money to not attack a rulers region, or just pillage everything. Bandit players could try to team up to take one a region for their own.  Instead of battles happening instantly, a player would declare they are attacking, and battle would happen in a day giving time to call on allies. This is because the hope would be that there would be many players with small bands of troops traveling about and unless you know a player by name you can't know if they are hostile or not. Troop recruitment would have to be reworked, and probably just be infantry. I think this would allow all less common classes to have more power, such as infiltrators, priests, and traders.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Bandit Continent
« Reply #1: March 22, 2011, 05:46:34 PM »
Hmm, this is certainly an interesting concept. Right now, as the game stands (and in most realms I suspect) the nobles put way too much value by the realm. This sort of thing would very much encourage people to look out for themselves, as well as encourage more wheeling and dealing. The regions would be loosely aligned by agreements no doubt, but not part of the same realm, so the (players) would not feel so obligated to follow realm loyalty.

However, the message system would also need to be reworked a bit I guess. A "realm-wide" message would certainly not have the same value...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 22, 2011, 09:07:21 PM »
I think this has a lot of the same intent and feel of what I have gathered the new estate system will be like and encourage.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: March 23, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »
I think this has a lot of the same intent and feel of what I have gathered the new estate system will be like and encourage.

Yep, let's see that come to fruition first. ;)  Then we can see whether most of what's mentioned in this thread are implemented or not.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 23, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
The idea sounds great, and that some of it might be in the new estate system sounds even better!