BattleMaster > Development

peasants prevent looting

(1/3) > >>

Jens Namtrah:
I posted about this before, but can't find the thread or I would just reuse it..

This "peasants prevent looting" has really got to be seriously tweaked.

Again, 90 peasants are preventing 1180 armed fighting men from looting over and over and over.

there is no way you can explain this with "in game reality" and it messes with strategies when they appear on the 2nd or 3rd loot and then stop 90% of the actions of all the enemy forces.

MaleMaldives:
It might make more sense that when a certain amount of looting happens a consistent largish fraction of the population takes up arms, but  Nobles can still loot to the end of the turn. Then if the peasants win the battle they will have successfully prevented the enemy forces from future looting till the peasants get beat or the peasant militia dissolves. Large armies will have still have no problem and cause destruction faster. Small looting bands will have to move on after looting too much. Perhaps also make peasants mixed infantry as they probable would be. Also make them have a bit better stats as they get slaughtered! I mean they are peasants, but out of 300 hundred peasants you think there would be a decent amount of jacked workers with an ax to kill more then just 1 enemy troop.

vonGenf:

--- Quote from: Jens Namtrah on October 25, 2011, 09:34:04 AM ---... it messes with strategies when they appear on the 2nd or 3rd loot and then stop 90% of the actions of all the enemy forces.

--- End quote ---

You can argue that it's not realistic (I agree), but not that it messes up with strategy. It's always been like this. Even 1 peasant can stop a looting attempt. If your strategy doesn't take this into account, it's not suitable to BM fighting.

Chenier:

--- Quote from: vonGenf on October 25, 2011, 01:35:23 PM ---You can argue that it's not realistice (I agree), but not that it messes up with strategy. It's always been like this. Even 1 peasant can stop a looting attempt. If your strategy doesn't take this into account, it's not suitable to BM fighting.

--- End quote ---

True, but people have forever been annoyed when incredibly small numbers of peasants prevent large armies from looting.

Stormbringer:
I just think it's HILARIOUS to imagine 45 starving farmers preventing any army from doing anything they want.  It's idiotic, to be honest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version