Author Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 9812 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« Topic Start: October 27, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
Just found this board. Really surprised Assassin's Creed wasn't on it already. One of my all time favourite game/series. Can't wait for Revelations for mac. It's going to be epic  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed
« Reply #1: October 27, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
Most, if not all games mentioned have multiplayer. Yea, so does Assassin's Creed, but it sucks.

SP is pretty fun, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 27, 2011, 09:04:40 PM »
I only played ACII and Brotherhood, and they're both brilliant games :) played each of them through in 10 days or less, on a friend's xbox :D

Also, graphics are superb on Xbox, it was disappointing to see it on PS3 afterwards. Idk about Mac/PC

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 28, 2011, 07:48:15 AM »
Most, if not all games mentioned have multiplayer. Yea, so does Assassin's Creed, but it sucks.

SP is pretty fun, though.

I never bothered with the multiplayer myself. Ubi should stick top what they do best.

I only played ACII and Brotherhood, and they're both brilliant games :) played each of them through in 10 days or less, on a friend's xbox :D

Also, graphics are superb on Xbox, it was disappointing to see it on PS3 afterwards. Idk about Mac/PC

Graphics are awesome on the mac as well, at least at maxed out settings. Just finished replaying brotherhood yesterday at 84% sync  8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 28, 2011, 08:12:05 AM »
Meh, I don't like the sync think. It was cool as long as it worked out, but I never restarted a mission just to get full sync, unless it was really important.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 28, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »
Meh, I don't like the sync think. It was cool as long as it worked out, but I never restarted a mission just to get full sync, unless it was really important.

Some missions were fun to redo, but a good number of them had the hard part only happen at the very end. For example, I had real trouble with the mission where you use Leonardo's tank and must not receive a single hit for full sync. However, even if you die after getting hit and redo that part, it's too late. You have to redo the whole thing ago, and you only get the tank in the last stage of that mission. I tried two or three times, then got tired of it. Same for most others. The ones that say "kill X with Y weapon" are easy, but the ones with stuff like "don't get seen" or "don't get hit" are a royal pain in the ass.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 28, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
Yeah, that's true. Also, I disliked those that required completion within a certain time span (usually 8 minutes).

But other than that: splendid game :) I can remember when I discovered you could throw heavy weapons, too awesome :D (I never read manuals)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 28, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
Yeah, that's true. Also, I disliked those that required completion within a certain time span (usually 8 minutes).

But other than that: splendid game :) I can remember when I discovered you could throw heavy weapons, too awesome :D (I never read manuals)

Wait, what? You can throw heavy weapons?

What I dislike of heavy weapons is the inability to use them on horse-back. I had a ton of fun using that warhammer on horseback to own guards, though.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 28, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »

Those two lairs of Romulus are impossible to complete in 8 minutes.. Took me close to 15. But Wolf in Sheep's Clothing was good. Nothing like throwing a cardinal over a balcony, only to catch him by his necklace and let him drop again.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 28, 2011, 09:40:28 PM »
Those two lairs of Romulus are impossible to complete in 8 minutes.. Took me close to 15. But Wolf in Sheep's Clothing was good. Nothing like throwing a cardinal over a balcony, only to catch him by his necklace and let him drop again.

I think I did those on the first try. They are mostly pretty linear (path to take is always obvious), or I was damn lucky.

Dagger of Romulus is awesome. It's better than the heavy weapons!

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 30, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
Wait, what? You can throw heavy weapons?

I'm not sure if it's possible with all of them, but I'm positive about that huge broadsword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3LTRHvxuM8

Looks like it works with axes too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SgrL0lW1So&feature=related

It's quite cool (and deadly :P), though sometimes you lose your weapon doing it :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 31, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »
I'm not sure if it's possible with all of them, but I'm positive about that huge broadsword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3LTRHvxuM8

Looks like it works with axes too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SgrL0lW1So&feature=related

It's quite cool (and deadly :P), though sometimes you lose your weapon doing it :)

Losing a weapon isn't an issue when infinite gold is so easy (just hide in a haystack and AFK your game while you go to sleep a few times an buying all the buildings in town will be a piece of cake).

How do you throw it on PC?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 05, 2011, 08:02:50 AM »
No clue, sorry :) On the XBOX you had to keep X pressed, for a while. The attack button, I believe :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 08, 2011, 01:58:54 AM »
No clue, sorry :) On the XBOX you had to keep X pressed, for a while. The attack button, I believe :)

Doesn't holding the attack button use the pistol?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 08, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
Perhaps when you're wielding your hidden blades. Have you tried with a heavy weapon out?