Author Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 9747 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed
« Reply #15: November 08, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
Perhaps when you're wielding your hidden blades. Have you tried with a heavy weapon out?

With a normal sword it uses the pistol I believe. With a heavy? I don't think I tried, as I never bothered with them. Dagger of Romulus beats all. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 09, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »
With a normal sword it uses the pistol I believe. With a heavy? I don't think I tried, as I never bothered with them. Dagger of Romulus beats all. :P

Well, yes, you can only throw heavy weapons like the Bearded Axe. Not regular swords, nub :P
And it's not about effectiveness. It's just really cool to plant a two-handed sword in someones back from a few yards away :D

My favorite weapons are the spears and halbers, though. Most brutal kills  ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 09, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
Well, yes, you can only throw heavy weapons like the Bearded Axe. Not regular swords, nub :P
And it's not about effectiveness. It's just really cool to plant a two-handed sword in someones back from a few yards away :D

I do like the spears and halberd, but you must pick them up from dead foes, right? I don't recall seeing them in the shops.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 09, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
Yeah. And you cannot keep them with you, either. The moment you scale a wall, you drop them. Maybe their exclusivity is also what makes them cool ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 10, 2011, 05:16:03 AM »
Yeah. And you cannot keep them with you, either. The moment you scale a wall, you drop them. Maybe their exclusivity is also what makes them cool ;)

Perhaps indeed.

I've killed my share of foes with them, hardly any with the heavy weapons I can buy, though.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 10, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
Perhaps indeed.

I've killed my share of foes with them, hardly any with the heavy weapons I can buy, though.

All the heavy weapons have unique and brutal finishing moves :)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 13, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »

Yes! Let em dangle down  8)

But I stuck to Ezio's sword after unlocking it.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 13, 2011, 01:01:34 PM »
Only a couple of days until the next one is out now! Very much looking forward to it.

Someone commented earlier that the multiplayer wasn't great (on Brotherhood). the only problem I had with it was that not enough people seemed to play so it would take ages to get a game. As for the play itself, because it is so different to any other game out there I really liked it and the games I did play were fantastic fun.

Hopefully the mutliplayer in the next one will be similar and more people will choose to play it! (though I won't be touching that until single player is completed)

WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 13, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
Only a couple of days until the next one is out now! Very much looking forward to it.

Someone commented earlier that the multiplayer wasn't great (on Brotherhood). the only problem I had with it was that not enough people seemed to play so it would take ages to get a game. As for the play itself, because it is so different to any other game out there I really liked it and the games I did play were fantastic fun.

Hopefully the mutliplayer in the next one will be similar and more people will choose to play it! (though I won't be touching that until single player is completed)

It felt like playing Super Mario Strikers 2 on multiplayer on wii. I just always got raped before being able to do anything, and therefore adapt and learn. I got some kills, but was constantly dying. Mind you, almost everyone was constantly dying, and I'm not a fan of such fast-paced kill-die-instant respawn games. I would have, by far, preffered coop missions or competitive objective based missions (like: get to the king to assassinate him first), without any respawns or a very limited number of them.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 13, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
There were a few different gameplay options which included a team work type one - I know that's not what you meant by co-op though, maybe something in the new one?

As for fast paced kill/die/respawn... That's not how I found most of my games. There was the stealth of hiding from the pursuer(s) whilst at the same time sneaking up on your target.

Just running and killing people doesn't win that game. Think I got 8 kills in one game and had many many more points that someone that had got over 20.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 14, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »
It would be cool to do some kind of SP missions, only with multiple people. MPvsNPC :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 14, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »
It would be cool to do some kind of SP missions, only with multiple people. MPvsNPC :)

Indeed.