Poll

Self-explanatory... What is your favorite of the BM continents?

Atamara
Beluaterra
Colonies
Dwilight
East Continent
Far East

Author Topic: Favorite Island  (Read 50268 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Island
« Reply #30: March 10, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »
Dwilight,
(...) the winter(...)

You mean, that time of year where every region starts starving again? :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #31: March 10, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
Dwilight,

the SMA, the wild , the winter (love seasons. it's pretty interesting ding strategy based on variable travel times).

The one noble per player.

The atmosphere is unique. You feel that there is a constant fight between mankind and rogues wihtout the need of invasions like Beluaterra. Realm surivival is already difficult enough.

A colony is really a colony

Lots of politics, religion, brilliant players.

The mysteorios Zumas in the Volcano. Unique places like the Palm Forest of the Desert of Silhouettes.

The dream to see it fully colonized one day.

Palm Sea? Desert of Silhouettes? Hm, you know Dwilight is actually a homunculus map? So every region you see exists on another continent.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 10, 2011, 03:45:14 PM »
Yes, FEI is entering a tourney phase, which is somewhat sad.  I'm still shocked that the C'thonians and Zonasans worked out a peace deal, and I have a dirty suspicion that Ziode started doing the "we'll attack people who are aggressive" nonsense.
Some implications of that might have been involved.

But that's alright, because we in Zonasa don't believe for a minute that Thain can keep himself from attacking us for long, so I doubt the peace will last.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 11, 2011, 04:42:17 AM »
But that's alright, because we in Zonasa don't believe for a minute that Thain can keep himself from attacking us for long, so I doubt the peace will last.

Yeah, I think you're right.  But I was really hoping Kindara was going to wade in, and then Aenilia would join to counter them, and that would keep everyone too busy to do anything to me for the near future (grins).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 11, 2011, 06:14:04 AM »
Yeah, I think you're right.  But I was really hoping Kindara was going to wade in, and then Aenilia would join to counter them, and that would keep everyone too busy to do anything to me for the near future (grins).

I'd love that. A big war always livens things up.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 11, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
Poor Colonies... nobody's favorite.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #36: March 11, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
Poor Colonies... nobody's favorite.

Aww...
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 11, 2011, 03:49:47 PM »
Hehe . . . that last part may have played into things a little.  Morgan doesn't quite trust Jenred.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 11, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
Based only off my own experiences I favor Atamara. It's where I started and have the most fun.

Though the other places I've been certainly have their perks.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: March 11, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
FEI, but Dwilight was high on my list for a while. My characters simply have more history on FEI.

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 11, 2011, 07:10:17 PM »
Elk and Tor still ain't even been anywhere else yet then FEI, so maybe I've created a pair of mighty Norsemen who are afraid of water  ;D
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: March 11, 2011, 08:31:59 PM »
I was torn between Colonies and Atamara but voted Colonies because there is a lot more going on there right now for my two chars there than my two in Atamara (and so that the Colonies has at least one vote!).

I like the sedate, usually polite pace of The Colonies and the mix of people who choose to be there and people who end up there one way or another. Despite the slow pace there always seems to be something bubbling under the surface (and then erupting) and the slower pace seems to give some people more incentive to concentrate on scheming, planning and plotting - for good or for ill while others just to coast along with little pressure to act meaning that motivated characters can change things more so than in more active, intensive and populous continents.

I like that Atamara has a broad range of RP styles from the sublime to the ridiculous and the freedom to create RP storyline that can be full of subtlety, depth and meaning or just plain silly (sometimes with the same character, sometimes even in the same RP!). Where else could a realm's entire council spend a week 'on vacation' deep in enemy territory (culminating in a one-man invasion of their enemy's second city.. which then secedes and surrenders) all the while sending home postcards to their realm-mates about how lovely the weather is and how warm and full of life the natives are.. albeit not for long.

"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #42: March 12, 2011, 12:54:37 AM »
Yes! Colonies gets a vote! That means a lot to me, especially when my adventurer is being commanded by you guys over there. But then again, I actually don't like it. It's so slow, and the regions are mostly really poor.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 12, 2011, 04:53:41 AM »
Hehe . . . that last part may have played into things a little.  Morgan doesn't quite trust Jenred.

Not surprising.  Jenred's generally good at keeping his word, but he's also bat!@#$ insane.  I'm always surprised by how many people think that he's not supposed to be insane, or that I don't know how crazy he is.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #44: March 12, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
EC for me. I like Dwilight as well but Sirion in EC is just too great. Armies of Sirion are the best war machines in the game :). Astrum is good too but lacks active members.