Author Topic: Collaborative vs Individual Effects  (Read 11219 times)

egamma

Re: Collaborative vs Individual Effects
« Reply #30: November 15, 2011, 05:58:45 AM »
Atamara: http://battlemaster.org/ShowScribeNote.php?ID=849197&Hash=b7822bae33970e2e

MI set to Aggressive/Front. They step forward, nobody else does, 1399 arrows turn my unit (#12) into a pincushion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 15, 2011, 06:30:13 PM »

I still think it'd be a worthwhile long-term project, regardless.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 15, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
MI set to Aggressive/Front. They step forward, nobody else does, 1399 arrows turn my unit (#12) into a pincushion.
So... I guess they let you down after all, huh?  ;D

Anyway, that's not a formation failure. That's an MI logic failure. I thought that had been fixed with the latest changes to ranged units that make them fire for as long as they have a target, rather than advance. Maybe that hasn't made it to stable yet?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: November 15, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
So... I guess they let you down after all, huh?  ;D

Anyway, that's not a formation failure. That's an MI logic failure.

...Or it's that the MI have a shorter range than the other ranged units around them.

I thought that had been fixed with the latest changes to ranged units that make them fire for as long as they have a target, rather than advance. Maybe that hasn't made it to stable yet?

No, I don't think it has. I still need to find out why the fire-into-melee bit is only doing 1 damage :-\
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan