• View Profile
    • BattleMaster

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Map
« Reply #1: November 04, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »
That looks pretty nice.

My only concern is that the southern island looks a little bare. I know the desert is supposed to be bare which makes up a lot of the island, but it just seems lacking in some way.

Will there be cities/realm boarders/named things on the map? Or are those for us to make up as we go along?

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: November 04, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
uhh that is not how imagined the south. A big desert? I mean to me the south looks just like the north in terms of the quality of the land. The north experienced a catastrophe but not the south right? Thought the south would be more prosperous. I will try to turn my map into AoW2 if I get the chance this weekend. :D

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: November 04, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
uhh that is not how imagined the south. A big desert? I mean to me the south looks just like the north in terms of the quality of the land. The north experienced a catastrophe but not the south right? Thought the south would be more prosperous. I will try to turn my map into AoW2 if I get the chance this weekend. :D

Prosperous doesn't mean it's a huge forest. Yeah, maybe I should reduce the size of the desert a little. But there is more than enough space for a dozen large cities.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: November 05, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »
How did you manage to put the entire map Tom? Only thing I can do is get an image of a preview. That is the largest for me and it won't be big enough for me to put the whole map. I can put fractions of it though.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 05, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
How did you manage to put the entire map Tom? Only thing I can do is get an image of a preview. That is the largest for me and it won't be big enough for me to put the whole map. I can put fractions of it though.

"Put" where?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: November 05, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »
Here? The only way I know how to post an image here is by using PrtScn button.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: November 05, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »

I took lots of screenshots and painstakenly merged them all in Photoshop.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: November 05, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
things I'd like to do to the map:
  • reduce the size of the desert in the south
  • add more blasted spots to the north

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 05, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
add more blasted spots to the north

Do you mean like those cracks around the volcano & central mountains?

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 06, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
What about islands?

Halden

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 08, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »
Are the Colonies that large island to the east then?