Author Topic: Settlers of Catan  (Read 9999 times)

Creedo

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Settlers of Catan
« Reply #15: November 08, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
I would love to play this online, where do you play?

I play on the Xbox 360 Arcade. The game costs about 800 Xbox Points(10$). I haven't really looked into whether they offer it on other systems. If you've got an Xbox and want to play a few games I'm in. I prefer playing with people regularly, although playing randoms is fun.

Add: crewkon

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 08, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
could have sworn i have seen a whole bunch of this or similar games..  - all the way to dos in that underdog site..

anyway... .had a look.. a free one in http://www.playcatan.com/

.. and that's the official site... various account tiers. haven't got a clue what's going on XD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:26:12 PM by fodder »
firefox

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 08, 2011, 08:20:40 PM »
It is the greatest game in the world.

Perth and I have an online game ongoing with several of our mutual friends, which has been running now for several weeks. It is an amazing and addictive game.

I LOVE Diplomacy!

I had a prof who instead of finals would just have us play a class wide game of diplomacy with 6 or so players per team. It was an interesting dynamic within the group as well as between groups. It would be very interesting to play by myself and see how it goes.

If you guys are starting another game anytime soon, let me know, that prof left our school and I have not played diplomacy since.

Also Settlers is badass, the boardgame and the xbox version
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
firefox

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 05, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
You can play settlers (or the cities&knights expansion) at games.asobrain.com

It's free.

Due to copyright (I guess) they've named the games something different, but the rules are exactly the same as the board games.

Settlers -> Xplorers

You can also play carcasonne (another 'gateway' game like settlers, a popular choice for people new to decent modern board games) on that site, where it is called Toulouse.

Once you've got going with settlers, there are loads of other good board games you can try.   You can find details on hundreds of them at:

www.boardgamegeek.com

I personally find that "Puerto Rico" and "Race for the Galaxy", which are somewhat similar in gameplay, are both absolutely excellent games and are distinctly better than Settlers of Catan.   Those two get requested more than any others when playing board games with my friends.