Author Topic: Diplomacy: The Game of International Intrigue  (Read 100827 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: The Game of International Intrigue
« Reply #90: December 03, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
Russia + Italy is not uncommon. I think France/England/Italy is more a product of a slumbering Germany than anything.

Russia Italy is uncommon IMHO. Not unheard of, but not common. And it's only possible because of a very nice France.

What is odd is for Russia-Italy to be a very firm alliance while Turkey doesn't ally with Austria apparently. Balkans because a cluster!@#$ real fast.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: December 03, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
I think France/England/Italy is more a product of a slumbering Germany than anything.

This seems like a fairly accurate assessment in my opinion. I'm sure this game would have gone drastically different if Germany had been actively pursuing at least a goal of some kind.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #92: December 03, 2011, 11:53:10 PM »
I had been, but things got complicated in real life. I had to move out all my computer stuff to a new place, so all I had was my phone for a while, and it's hard to keep up with all the stuff I do with just a phone. Also, could we have turns last longer next time? As it is, I practically have to log in every day, and I can't do that.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: December 04, 2011, 12:38:45 AM »
I had been, but things got complicated in real life. I had to move out all my computer stuff to a new place, so all I had was my phone for a while, and it's hard to keep up with all the stuff I do with just a phone. Also, could we have turns last longer next time? As it is, I practically have to log in every day, and I can't do that.

Don't sweat it, We're just stating that the game may have been different if you had had more time.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #94: December 04, 2011, 01:42:54 AM »
Yes, I would have been a moderate size power in the middle of the continent, controlling all the Germanic-populated lands. Which was my goal, to control the Germanic heritage lands. Then set you all against each other. ^_^

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: December 04, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
Russia Italy is uncommon IMHO. Not unheard of, but not common. And it's only possible because of a very nice France.

What is odd is for Russia-Italy to be a very firm alliance while Turkey doesn't ally with Austria apparently. Balkans because a cluster!@#$ real fast.
Russia-Italy is pretty common, they very often work together to take down Austria.  It's conceivable but not as common for them to work together against Turkey.  The situation we've seeing in the game isn't terribly common, though, mostly because of the inactivity.

You can look at previous games I've played to see how games generally go: http://webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=10339

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: December 05, 2011, 04:28:15 AM »
We can get a game going with a little longer turns if you all want.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #97: December 05, 2011, 05:58:19 AM »
That would be nice. I can't keep up with the turns as it currently is. 2 day turns would be nice.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: December 05, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »
I assumed we were doing 2-day turns already? Never really checked...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: December 06, 2011, 12:04:21 AM »
I assumed we were doing 2-day turns already? Never really checked...

They're 1 day, 12 hours.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #100: December 12, 2011, 06:29:30 AM »
I'm dying!!!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: December 22, 2011, 06:54:31 AM »
And then there were 4...
And France does not look long for the world.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
And France does not look long for the world.

Naw, they get to live.

Perth, which country were you? I can't tell by the names.

Gustav Kuriga

I would find it hard to believe anyone didn't know what realm I played, seeing as I openly spoke of it in this thread.