Author Topic: Update on Dwilight Estates?  (Read 3864 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Update on Dwilight Estates?
« Topic Start: November 06, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
I wasn't altogether certain where I should place this, so I'm putting it here. I am wondering if there is any progress on fixing the new estate system/if we could get any update (even if it is just: we are still working on it).

I have so far witnessed the following bugs:

1) The Lord of Thysan (Grevil Vanyard) does not show up on the "realm and regions" page - it is simply blank, as if there is no Lord.

2) Characters do not change from "Noble" to "Knight" on the character list once they have an estate.

3) Characters do not change allegiance when they change realms - Grigori Rurik was still a noble of Candiels even when he changed realm and region from Aurvandil to Barca (and took an estate in Rettlewood - related to the above one no doubt).

4) When a region changes realm ownership (due to peasant/minor noble decision), the Knights still hold estates there, but remain in their former realm (example: Evanburg).

I'm sure that people are working on this, and hopefully the above is nothing new, but just wanted to put it somewhere.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Dwilight Estates?
« Reply #1: November 06, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
We are still working on it, and this is actually quite a helpful post, as it lets me know what parts still need work.

I will be looking into all of these over the next few days, as time permits.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 06, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
Now, for some more specifics.

1) The Lord of Thysan (Grevil Vanyard) does not show up on the "realm and regions" page - it is simply blank, as if there is no Lord.

This no longer appears to be the case.  Can you please confirm?

3) Characters do not change allegiance when they change realms - Grigori Rurik was still a noble of Candiels even when he changed realm and region from Aurvandil to Barca (and took an estate in Rettlewood - related to the above one no doubt).

What was still telling you that he was a noble of Candiels?

4) When a region changes realm ownership (due to peasant/minor noble decision), the Knights still hold estates there, but remain in their former realm (example: Evanburg).

What indicators showed that the Knights still belonged to the region, what indicators showed that they belonged to the old realm, and what showed that they belonged to the new realm?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 06, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »

Still is blank as of the time of posting. He does appear correctly in the "Realm Hierarchy" page, however.

It was my Knight who reported it (http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=32736). I presume he saw it on the character screen that tells you about your unit statistics, as well as what the status of your character is. Ie, you are currently (knight/lord, Member of Realm name). He is now a Lord of Twainwood, but still has and can have an estate in Rettlewood.

Edit: I remember him saying that he never took an estate in Aurvandil. So was simply a noble aligned to the region that he started in, but did not have an oath nor estate there.

What indicators showed that the Knights still belonged to the region, what indicators showed that they belonged to the old realm, and what showed that they belonged to the new realm?

They still display as having estates in the region: http://battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=108
They also show up in the Barcan "Realm Hierarchy" page.

However, they do not appear on the character list for the realm of Barca, nor on the messaging options for the realm.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:02:26 PM by Bael »

Rurik

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 06, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »

This was my character, and I can confirm that when I changed allegiances and even when I took an estate in Rettlewood (a region of Barca) I was still considered a noble of Candiels (though a member of Barca).

To be honest, I'm not sure when it updated (I made a post about it earlier on and was told to wait until the scripts were fixed - http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1489). I have since become a Lord of a region though, that could have caused an update. Sorry I can't be more specific on when it changed.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 06, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
The bug regording nobles not changing to knights after getting estates is still on.Estate does apear under estates and am getting taxes.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #6: November 06, 2011, 07:50:24 PM »
I have noticed that regions can't switch allegiance yet.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 06, 2011, 10:50:55 PM »

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6355
basically same problem, different regions, problem still there.
firefox

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 08, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
Big problem, as I see it, is that Lordships can't be appointed in the Republic of Barca. Getting fatal errors, as well as when I try to hold a Festival in Rettleville. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it might be worth looking at the reports posted on the bugtracker. I know I'm not the only one seeing them.

Finton.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 08, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
Big problem, as I see it, is that Lordships can't be appointed in the Republic of Barca. Getting fatal errors, as well as when I try to hold a Festival in Rettleville. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it might be worth looking at the reports posted on the bugtracker. I know I'm not the only one seeing them.

Finton.

Do you think it might be because the people still have estates in other regions?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 08, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »

Finton.

I can confirm this. I tried in Athol Margos on BT recently and got a fatal error.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 13, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
It looks like the region alignment changing is working. The ruler in Melhed was able to change two regions from Melhed to Fronen, but had to be in the regions to do it.