Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 48774 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #30: November 11, 2011, 11:10:11 PM »
It is quite nice to look at the landscapes. But since they're mostly snowy, my memories of Oblivion are that it was more impressive.

I just found out that they do have hotkeys, if you type 1-8 while highlighting something in the favorites menu. Will try that next time I play.

Other than that, my destruction High-Elf mage is doing quite well. I'm thinking about raising the difficulty setting, since I basically just set everything on fire and blast it away. Had only one close fight so far, and one horrible defeat when I tried killing one of the mammuts. I was kind of expecting that one, though. :-)

Ya, I'm running a high elf destruction mage as well. It works very very well. Pretty easy really, as you can literally just shoot anything with lightning or fire and it dies. Blocking is pretty useless against the Sith lord.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: November 11, 2011, 11:48:34 PM »
Does anyone have a good idea how to kill the mage on top of the orphan's rock? That !@#$%^& killed me 4 times already and I am too afraid to go in for the fifth...

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 12, 2011, 02:06:47 AM »
Does anyone have a good idea how to kill the mage on top of the orphan's rock? That !@#$%^& killed me 4 times already and I am too afraid to go in for the fifth...
Shoot him in the face
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: November 12, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »
He can shoot fireballs faster than I can shoot him with my bow... I found a small pathway and killed him.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: November 12, 2011, 03:35:59 AM »
He can shoot fireballs faster than I can shoot him with my bow... I found a small pathway and killed him.

Potion of Fire Resistance would have been handy then.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: November 12, 2011, 04:47:47 AM »
Wow. If you guys want to increase Sneak by any chance, go to a big campfire toward the north where memothes are. Hide between trees and shoot arrows from afar and you will hit 35 in no time.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: November 12, 2011, 08:08:08 AM »
Wow. If you guys want to increase Sneak by any chance, go to a big campfire toward the north where memothes are. Hide between trees and shoot arrows from afar and you will hit 35 in no time.

In Daggerfall you could train magic quickly by taking the sorcerer trait so you didn't regen mana but you absorbed it from spells cast at you. Then you made the cheapest area affect fire ball you could, one that did next to no damage. Then walk up to a wall and fire the spell over and over and over again. You would get the mana back, and take very little damage.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: November 12, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
Anyone know if there is a limit to how many companions you can have with you?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: November 12, 2011, 10:17:29 AM »

You can also just sneak around look for an enemy, go sneak against the wall, put a pencil in your keyboard as to keep your char sneaking against the wall, do the laundry and come back to find your skill increased to the next level.
always works with TeS games...

Also for training des skills, find a cheap des spell and a cheap summon spell and use the des spell to train on the summoned creature.
works like a charm
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #39: November 12, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »
Funny thing is - I really play these as roleplaying games, so I don't exploit these holes and don't game the system. And one of the things I like about the Bethesda games is that you can actually follow your own path, as in most quests have several "solutions" that are all equally valid. Like the hidden noble one in Whiterun - you can sell her out or kill the assassins. That one was hard for me to decide. My gut instinct is that both sides are a pack of liars. :-)

Zakilevo

« Reply #40: November 12, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »
My method is grinding really. Can't do it after like 35. Memothes found me eventually. Had to run like hell. Now I don't even bother with them since I can wipe them out with no problem. Need to find a stronger enemy to increase my sneak.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: November 12, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
Like the hidden noble one in Whiterun - you can sell her out or kill the assassins. That one was hard for me to decide. My gut instinct is that both sides are a pack of liars. :-)

I've heard quite a few people say they struggled to decide what to do there.

What did you decide to do?

EDIT: Figured some of you might like to see this: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/video-comparison-of-skyrim-on-ps3-xbox-360-pc/

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #42: November 13, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »
What did you decide to do?

I sold her out, and I think it was the right thing to do - for my character. That's what I like about these quests, many of them depend on your character somewhat. With a different character, the other choice may be more logical and ultimately better.

I'll definitely want to try a warrior character as well. Or maybe a sneaky archer-assassin. Maybe with strong alchemy and poison arrows.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: November 13, 2011, 02:00:13 AM »
Funny thing is - I really play these as roleplaying games, so I don't exploit these holes and don't game the system. And one of the things I like about the Bethesda games is that you can actually follow your own path, as in most quests have several "solutions" that are all equally valid. Like the hidden noble one in Whiterun - you can sell her out or kill the assassins. That one was hard for me to decide. My gut instinct is that both sides are a pack of liars. :-)

There is certainly much more replay value if you treat it this way. Grinding and taking the "best" path whenever the game offers you a choice really doesn't encourage you to bother playing again.

Zakilevo

« Reply #44: November 13, 2011, 02:40:49 AM »
There are so many quests in this game! I am level 26 but I don't even know what the main storyline is!