Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 48776 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #45: November 13, 2011, 02:59:37 AM »
I'll definitely want to try a warrior character as well. Or maybe a sneaky archer-assassin. Maybe with strong alchemy and poison arrows.

My next character is going to be a ranger, who shall travel the world righting wrongs and thwarting evil. Mainly because this time I've taken the "bad" route to most things and not really got to use my bow much.

There are so many quests in this game! I am level 26 but I don't even know what the main storyline is!

Hah, same! I got to Whiterun, did the part of the main quest there and then went off gallivanting around the world :P

Zakilevo

« Reply #46: November 13, 2011, 03:30:15 AM »
My buddy is playing an archer assassin. Apparently, you can kill most of things with one arrow. The down side is against bosses. Bosses are generally in places with no place to hide. Thats when you turn into a werewolf :D

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: November 13, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »
What race has everyone been starting out as?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: November 13, 2011, 12:17:41 PM »
What race has everyone been starting out as?

Breton, but only because it had the skills I wanted. I've noticed it probably doesn't make much difference with most skills as you can practice them often enough and race perks don't seem to be overly useful (I'm presuming here they're the same as Oblivion because I haven't checked every race out).

Zakilevo

« Reply #49: November 13, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »
Started as a Nord. Not bad at all. Enjoy playing a big guy with a giant axe. Well now I mostly use duel weapons. I can't believe how long this game is. I am level 38 and not even close to finishing 1/3...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #50: November 13, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »
Imperial.  Usually do my first playthrough as an Imperial in all the games.

Quick question.  Where is the Talos shrine in Markarth? o.O

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: November 13, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
I'm hoping to buy the game tomorrow :)

For the class I haven't decided yet. In Oblivion I played an arcane archer, using spells to weaken and arrows to kill off targets. Using a pure-mage in TES IV seemed difficult, so I sisn't even try. In Morrowind, though, I was fond of my High Elven pure mage. But back then magic was a lot more than simply confusing or damaging enemies. Levitation ftw :)

So for Skyrim it'll be a Dark Elven assasin, Nord warrior or some kind of paladin/cleric.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #52: November 13, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »
I like the battle-mage/war-mage concept.  Sword or mace in one hand, wearing heavy or medium armor, while flinging Destruction school spells about with the other hand.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: November 13, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »
I like the battle-mage/war-mage concept.  Sword or mace in one hand, wearing heavy or medium armor, while flinging Destruction school spells about with the other hand.

I wish you could cast spells in one hand, and use a shield with the other. Or can you?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: November 14, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »
I wish you could cast spells in one hand, and use a shield with the other. Or can you?
I"m fiarly sure you can. Just set it up right.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: November 14, 2011, 12:06:08 AM »

Shield is hardcoded to the Left Hand. So place spells in Right Hand.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: November 14, 2011, 03:33:47 AM »
My first character was a pure destro / resto mage, but that ended up sucking so I stopped. Now I'm playing a bow / dual daggers assassin character.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #57: November 14, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
My first character was a pure destro / resto mage, but that ended up sucking so I stopped. Now I'm playing a bow / dual daggers assassin character.

Yeah, I'm finding out the hard way that a pure destruction mage has very little defenses. But by now I can kill most warriors before they enter close combat (and I have frost cloak for when they do) and against mages, there are wards. All of that just sucks magicka so badly, it hurts. I'm a killing machine in short encounters, but for longer battles, I rely on my flame atronarch to buy me some time to regenerate magicka.

But I've started a second character, which I intended to be a sneaking archer type, but I've already started doing too many other things, I fear. I may have to start over with her (yeah, I decided to make a norse warrior queen. I just liked the female norse better than the male).

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: November 14, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
Yes, playing a pure Mage has always been though :) It seems like Skyrim really favours the Battlemage thing, using melee in one hand and spells in the other. Pure Mage/Warrior seems difficult (and even as a Warrior you can do the shouts, I guess, so that takes away the purity as well :P )

I'll go for an assasin, I guess :) Is Illusion any good?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: November 14, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »
It seems like Skyrim really favours the Battlemage thing

Yeah, I'm slightly disappointed in that. I'm a little miffed that encumbrance is set (with a few things you can do to increase your limit) because that means you can't easily pile on potions and head off without any healing magic.

I've also found that whilst playing on Master difficulty can be fun, it starts to get frustrating with some random encounters. I finally toned it down after being killed by the same 2 bears ~10 times :P