Author Topic: How to attract nobles to your realm?  (Read 12172 times)

STiAle

• Freeman
  • Safe, Sane, Consensual
    • View Profile
Re: How to attract nobles to your realm?
« Reply #30: December 02, 2011, 11:38:02 AM »
I wouldn't find it as bad if travel times weren't so absurdly long! Feels like you not only get half the hours and turns per day, but travel times are also twice as long as most continents, meaning it takes quadruple the time to get anywhere that it would take on another continent.
Adapt! Instead of going anywhere, stay home and plot against everybody else! ;D It's a pity my character is too much of a paladin-wannabee to follow my own advice  :-X
No other word is better than the last word!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: December 03, 2011, 04:26:12 AM »
Cut down on time for road travel from 1 region to 1 region. Then we can attract nobles to the realm, to Colonies island  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 03, 2011, 04:53:07 AM »
Cut down on time for road travel from 1 region to 1 region. Then we can attract nobles to the realm, to Colonies island  8)

Honestly, I would have been much more interested in the Colonies if it weren't for the absurdly long travel times I've seen in so many regions. It's been a long time and I don't recall the specifics, but travel times really bothered me. Might

It was also a bummer that half the turns meant half the actions. I would have liked for the main turn to grant twice the hours, and for a higher max hours pool, so that, you know, you could log only half as often but still do just as much as elsewhere.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 03, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Kindara in Far East Island had the same problem for me. Way too long travel times, even on good roads.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 03, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »
Kindara in Far East Island had the same problem for me. Way too long travel times, even on good roads.

Man, I remember back when Dwilight first came out. I think it was 31 hours between Springdale and its doughnut. Thank god that was re-adjusted!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 06, 2011, 12:05:06 AM »
Heh. You guys have any idea how much effort it takes to run a realm in the Colonies? Or a war effort? That new fangled delay arrival option might be nice, but for all these years Colonies Marshals and Generals have needed to learn and perfect the art of the immaculate two-turn move. Basically, Colonies is like the ultimate test of character. If you can succeed there, you can succeed anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:08:49 AM by Revan »

STiAle

• Freeman
  • Safe, Sane, Consensual
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: December 06, 2011, 07:15:49 AM »
Basically, Colonies is like the ultimate test of character. If you can succeed there, you can succeed anywhere.

Heh,

My brain is so fried thinking about Alexander's problems that my other characters are pretty much hanging around paring their nails with a monster's claw.
No other word is better than the last word!