Author Topic: How to attract nobles to your realm?  (Read 12161 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How to attract nobles to your realm?
« Topic Start: November 14, 2011, 09:52:49 AM »
I started this topic for discussion because currently the realms in Colonies seeming suffer from lack of nobles. Perhaps we can allow to create 1 or 2 new characters to compensate for lack of players?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: How to attract nobles to your realm?
« Reply #1: November 14, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
I believe the answer to this question is "No".

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #2: November 14, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »
I like to encourage deportation to Colonies as the standard punishment for troublemakers.

Now if only Colonies could be made much more difficult to leave...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 14, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »
Players can easily have up to 5 characters each right now. Allowing more will not generate meaningful, well-rounded characters. Most likely you'll just get more sheeple. Hopefully the new estates will allow a stabilization of the situation, and that may encourage more action, which may help bolster retention. At least, that's my hope.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: November 14, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
Easily my ass. I've been playing on this account for over a year now, and I still haven't gotten to 5 characters. This new system definitely heavily favors those who have been playing for a looong time.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 14, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »
Easily my ass. I've been playing on this account for over a year now, and I still haven't gotten to 5 characters. This new system definitely heavily favors those who have been playing for a looong time.

And shouldn't it? :)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #6: November 14, 2011, 07:35:14 PM »
Not to the degree it does right now. I have 4 nobles. And only because I donated, otherwise I'd just be playing 3.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 14, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »
They can have one more than you, so they are therefore heavily favored?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 14, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »
They can have one more than you, so they are therefore heavily favored?

4 instead of 2 is double.

Just saying.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 14, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »
Does anyone playing for over a year have only two characters?

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 15, 2011, 02:45:18 AM »

I only have my Advy and my Noble on Dwilight :P

But in all seriousness I have been playing for a little under a year (i think) and can have:

7 characters total, 3 active at the same time, 3 of those can be nobles
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 15, 2011, 03:58:56 AM »
I like to encourage deportation to Colonies as the standard punishment for troublemakers.

Now if only Colonies could be made much more difficult to leave...
Whoa, that is a brilliant idea and Judges in other islands have been doing for ages. Very hard to keep the troublemakers occupied for long time though. Perhaps we need someone or two to spice up the island  8)

Players can easily have up to 5 characters each right now. Allowing more will not generate meaningful, well-rounded characters. Most likely you'll just get more sheeple. Hopefully the new estates will allow a stabilization of the situation, and that may encourage more action, which may help bolster retention. At least, that's my hope.
Hmm, almost all lands suffering from lack of nobles. When the new estate will get implement? Hopefully this will solve this issue. The drop in Region stats have made every realm working hard just to maintain the regions instead of war with each other. Everyone rather maintain their lands first.

Best example if when a realm lose a region A which is not a food producer region in order to sustain its ability to support other unstable regions B food producer region or region C better rich gold income region  :)

Not me. I have 3 characters, played since 2009 when Alowca realm demise started to kick in.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 15, 2011, 04:04:26 AM »
Not to the degree it does right now. I have 4 nobles. And only because I donated, otherwise I'd just be playing 3.

I've been playing since 2005 and only just recently got allowed to have 4 nobles. Used to be 4 active, 3 nobles out of a max of 12.

I think you can only really dedicate yourself to MAYBE two characters. The rest just kind of end up as mindless drones, in my opinion.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 15, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
I've been involved with 3 characters at a time max, though one with much less attention than the two others (but still much more than most give to their characters).

More characters per player is kind of a band-aid solution.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 16, 2011, 06:59:17 AM »
Most I've ever managed was three serious characters at once, and that was a huge time-sink.  I'm struggling at the moment with two deeply invested characters (admittedly, both are running realms and involved in various other affairs too), and seriously hoping things settle down for at least one of them soon.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"