Author Topic: How to attract nobles to your realm?  (Read 12273 times)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: How to attract nobles to your realm?
« Reply #15: November 16, 2011, 08:55:53 AM »
Never!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 16, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »
Great. Today we lost Prime Minister himself, he paused his 2 characters in our realm. We die, not because of our current war but because of lack of nobles, muahahaha  :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 21, 2011, 04:21:13 AM »
Aha, finally I get hang of Battlemaster.

Tell this to everyone your other character in other island.

"Come to Colonies because you going become Region Lord in no time. With everyone been busy and pausing, you will get your chance soon enough. Even if you are new to the game, you can direct become lord since all the old nobles die off."

What do you all think?  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 21, 2011, 04:37:04 AM »
Aha, finally I get hang of Battlemaster.

Tell this to everyone your other character in other island.

"Come to Colonies because you going become Region Lord in no time. With everyone been busy and pausing, you will get your chance soon enough. Even if you are new to the game, you can direct become lord since all the old nobles die off."

What do you all think?  :P

I think that only 1 turn per day is far to boring :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 21, 2011, 04:40:46 AM »
I think that only 1 turn per day is far to boring :)
Does the idea of becoming a fat pompous lord sound appealing to you? Say yes please  ;D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 21, 2011, 04:52:59 AM »
Does the idea of becoming a fat pompous lord sound appealing to you? Say yes please  ;D

Well no, I have generally avoided becoming a Lord unless it made good sense for that character. I've been playing since 2008 and currently none of my characters are Lords and I'm quite happy with that.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 21, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »

And if it did, considering the player trends these days, I think that 75% of realms would be willing to give a lordship to a newb if he just plainly asked for it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 21, 2011, 06:28:38 AM »
And if it did, considering the player trends these days, I think that 75% of realms would be willing to give a lordship to a newb if he just plainly asked for it.

I'd be more concerned about the issue of "is the player WORTH winning over to the realm"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 21, 2011, 06:36:37 AM »
I'd be more concerned about the issue of "is the player WORTH winning over to the realm"

I'd say most realms aren't that picky nowadays.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 21, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »

Actually I think I may have just the noble for the job.  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 21, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »
I'd say most realms aren't that picky nowadays.

Terran certainly isn't. If you have a pulse, we will elect you to a lordship.

And the weird thing is... our lords are generally, within a few weeks of being elected, quite competent. And our regions don't often go rogue. Food transfers take a while to teach, but we're not desperate on that issue.

Giving out positions nearly at random is actually a really easy way to boost retention, mix up the player base, keep new people, and create new political controversies.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #26: November 22, 2011, 05:54:30 AM »
Giving out positions nearly at random is actually a really easy way to boost retention, mix up the player base, keep new people, and create new political controversies.

That's one of my favorite things about Sordnaz, in Makar.

Crescent

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: November 28, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »
The Colonies is too slow and players tend to shun away from it. Because even at minimum playing rates a person should be able to log on at least once per 20 hours for 10 minutes or something like that. I personally think that the Colonies are there to punish naughty infiltrators like my characters who can't seem to stop stabbing others. But that aside, the slow pace there often compensates itself by having a hell lot of power struggles, political backstabbing, and OOC Clans tend to favor the Colonies as well.

Everyone who hasn't been to the Colonies should at least try sending one character there :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #28: November 28, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »
I did. Lasted four days, then got bored...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: November 28, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
I did. Lasted four days, then got bored...

I wouldn't find it as bad if travel times weren't so absurdly long! Feels like you not only get half the hours and turns per day, but travel times are also twice as long as most continents, meaning it takes quadruple the time to get anywhere that it would take on another continent.