Author Topic: Multiple realm flags?  (Read 6795 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Multiple realm flags?
« Topic Start: March 09, 2011, 04:47:40 PM »
It'd be nice if we could set up multiple realm flags, to represent all the realms we play in (up to 4). Not sure if this is at all possible though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Multiple realm flags?
« Reply #1: March 09, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Signature rather than avatar?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 09, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
Or just replace the "Personal word" bit with an link to the family page of the player?
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 09, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »
On the User Summary page there's a way for you to enter your player ID, which will autocreate a link to your game family page. You can also enter a wiki page that will then create a link to whatever wiki page you want, such as your wiki userpage, or your wiki family page. Other people can access those links from your forum user profile.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: March 09, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »
On the User Summary page there's a way for you to enter your player ID, which will autocreate a link to your game family page. You can also enter a wiki page that will then create a link to whatever wiki page you want, such as your wiki userpage, or your wiki family page. Other people can access those links from your forum user profile.

If only they're accessible from posts. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 10, 2011, 01:03:30 AM »
Meh, click the link. It's not like it's all that hard. :P

Not that I'm objecting to making them visible on the post. But still. It's not that hard to click the username.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 10, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »
you could just use paint to put all your realm banners together as a avatar image if that is what you want.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #7: March 10, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »
you could just use paint to put all your realm banners together as a avatar image if that is what you want.

That's what I'm talking about, good work De-Legro.  I love paint too! :D
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: March 10, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Would putting all of them into one avatar even be visible? I mean, if one has a lot of realms and the maximum avatar size is, what, 100x100 pixels? It might be interesting...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 10, 2011, 10:12:15 PM »
Realm icons, those used on the dynamic map, are only 24x24. If Avatars are limited to 100x100 (just using Artemesia's guess, because I don't know either) then that's 16 realm icons you could put in one avatar. And realm icons are pretty distinct. Most players could probably identify every icon on their island, and probably quite a few from other islands.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #10: March 11, 2011, 01:12:33 AM »
Would putting all of them into one avatar even be visible? I mean, if one has a lot of realms and the maximum avatar size is, what, 100x100 pixels? It might be interesting...

Umm... doesn't Dominic mean the little icons to the right that are pretty tiny already?

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 26, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »
It'd be nice if we could set up multiple realm flags, to represent all the realms we play in (up to 4). Not sure if this is at all possible though.

Dom, look down.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: March 26, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
Or left. I don't know exactly how many icons can be set per row/column, but I figured 3x3 (72x72 pixels I think?) is a good conservative estimate. I suppose some of us have been in more than 9 realms though, so I guess next will be a 4x4 (96x96 pixels) test. I don't think I've been in 16 realms though.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 27, 2011, 01:19:34 AM »
What I did is use the img code to display realm banners in my signature, interchangeable at pretty much anytime. I can go into detail if anyone wants to know exactly how to do it.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #14: March 30, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »
Well I found out that the maximum avatar size is less than 96x96, and the image gets resized to...the maximum allowed size?