Author Topic: Rebellion in Arcachon  (Read 34414 times)

Zakilevo

Rebellion in Arcachon
« Topic Start: November 19, 2011, 04:39:28 AM »
Never expected Arcachon to suffer from a rebellion. Vanimedle' trying to take over Arcachon this time?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion in Arcachon
« Reply #1: November 19, 2011, 07:16:24 AM »
Never expected Arcachon to suffer from a rebellion. Vanimedle' trying to take over Arcachon this time?

You mean you never expected one at the moment? It wasn't that long ago that they had a rebellion that ended up with Lefanis as Duke.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: November 19, 2011, 07:25:15 AM »
Really?

Interesting. Well this rebellion was a dumb one. Arcachon will suffer for killing each other when Arcaea attacks them again.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 19, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »
I have to admit I did not see it coming in the slightest.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: November 19, 2011, 08:03:46 AM »
There might be another rebellion if things do not work out.

Arcachonian RCs empty at this moment. I don't know how the next one will take place.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 19, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »
There might be another rebellion if things do not work out.

Arcachonian RCs empty at this moment. I don't know how the next one will take place.

Must not use OOC information, I mean quick ATTACK THEM.

I did have suspicions when Lefanis was banished that things might get to this stage, but I expected it to take another week or so if at all.

Point of interest the last rebellion was also during a war with Arcaea, and the new government quickly organised peace with them. They then when on to ignore pretty much all the agreements made for peace.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:09:25 AM by De-Legro »

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 19, 2011, 08:33:41 AM »
You mean you never expected one at the moment? It wasn't that long ago that they had a rebellion that ended up with Lefanis as Duke.

Uhh, vanimedle tried to take over. We stopped her  8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: November 19, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »
The referendum for the ruler is still going even after the rebellion. This will change things.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 19, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
The referendum for the ruler is still going even after the rebellion. This will change things.

Yeah that has always been a problem. Successful rebellions don't clear the slate so to speak.

Godwin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 19, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »
Uhh, vanimedle tried to take over. We stopped her  8)

Well that isn't what happened.

What happened was a very small group of nobles, hoarded all the gold, then bought out all the recruitment centres days in advance, and when they lost a series of referendums, threatened to rebel if they didn't get their own way, the government didn't accede to them, and they knew they couldn't win the rulers election, so in what was the middle of the night (In my timezone anyway, and BM's) they declared a rebellion.

There were more than double the amount of loyalists than rebels, and basically everyone is protesting the government, because it's just a power play by a small faction trying to use force to take the government.

Basically all the old government will be re-elected in the referendums, Wilhelm will be protested out of office, within a day, or he'll lose it in the election, all the current rebels will then be banned and it'll be business as usual in Arcachon afterwards.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:19:45 AM by Godwin »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 19, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
Well that isn't what happened.

What happened was a very small group of nobles, hoarded all the gold, then bought out all the recruitment centres days in advance, and when they lost a series of referendums, threatened to rebel if they didn't get their own way, the government didn't accede to them, and they knew they couldn't win the rulers election, so in what was the middle of the night (In my timezone anyway, and BM's) they declared a rebellion.

There were more than double the amount of loyalists than rebels, and basically everyone is protesting the government, because it's just a power play by a small faction trying to use force to take the government.

Basically all the old government will be re-elected in the referendums, Wilhelm will be protested out of office, within a day, or he'll lose it in the election, all the current rebels will then be banned and it'll be business as usual in Arcachon afterwards.

So they rebelled during the rulers referendum? Quite silly of them then, that was never going to work. Of course depending on the time frame they might be able to appoint a Judge and ban some nobles before the election is completed.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 19, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »

You are welcome to see it your own way, but I don't see 13 nobles as a small group. Nor do I see a problem with declaring rebellion at any time.

There were more than double the amount of loyalists than rebels, and basically everyone is protesting the government, because it's just a power play.....

And it wasn't a power play to ban Melehan and unseat Ciann? That's BM.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: November 19, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »
I am confused with militias at the moment. We have the duke on our side but will militias join us or will it be random?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 19, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »
Militia is wonky in rebellions.  So far as I know, it's random how they end up.  But, of course, the Duke can disband whatever militia he wants...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 19, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »

I am on the side that opposes the rebellion , but I don't think its a powerplay. It was a very smart(or lucky) operation of a group of a militants. They planned well and they were rewarded well by their taking of the rulership. Just because they succeeded doesn't mean they were powerplaying. Just because they are a "small group trying to take the government mean they were powerplaying. It was perfectly legitimate and well thought of. However, what they lack is the support of the people, and that is why they will eventually fail and get all banned.

This is what BM is about. It is a power struggle, but not a powerplay.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:13:37 PM by Adriddae »