Author Topic: Rebellion in Arcachon  (Read 34886 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion in Arcachon
« Reply #30: November 21, 2011, 02:02:22 AM »
Or you could pin people in place.  A small group can draw much larger groups merely by threatening areas, because blobbers want to dominate battlefields.  As long as you're okay with losing some people on occassion, multiple fronts can allow for a hell-for leather opening.

The only way to pin Arcachon in place would be to either have twice the force they did, fortifications to block them, or rely on them not knowing where our troops would jump.  Rustling up twice the mobile CS hasn't happened, Arcachon's canny enough not to end up in a position where fortifications can block them, and our orders are sent to their military command within the hour, usually.

And there isn't another front.  That's the geographical advantage.

During that time thier clock is running and your clock isn't, though Clocks only run if you think of armies as blobs rather then cycling groups.  Anyway, I just know how it would likely run from the Arcachon end with the players reverse, but I will point out you can't object with both "Bah, we need better marhsals" and "We have thought of every tactic you lot of thought of, because we have awesome marshals."

I never objected by saying we needed better Marshals, and De-legro never said we've thought of everything.  Neither have I, in point of fact.  I'm just saying I've thought of a number of things, but various factors make them impractical.

And, of course, even Jenred has to bow to politics sometimes.  Every so often he suggests forgetting anything fancy and just throwing an army at Soniel, knowing they'll lose, but betting we can absorb the losses better than Arcachon can.  But most of Arcaea, for the understandable reasons, doesn't like that plan.   Our efforts to end starvation on the route to Ecsetuah became problematic because OW objected to our taking the regions even temporarily to feed them.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"