Author Topic: Rebellion in Arcachon  (Read 34405 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion in Arcachon
« Reply #45: November 22, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
Anatole, Selene, and Jenred are all on quite good terms.  While it's certainly possible for that to blow up (I've seen stranger things happen in this game, heh), I doubt that kind of squabbling will take place without a leadership change.

Just wait a beat, in a month and 9 days we'll finally have the Prime Minister elections in OW again and I very highly doubt Selene will have the support to be re-elected, especially with her level of participation. So some leadership changes will be undergone, though I don't know if I trust anyone else with as Duke, yet.

But if I am elected  as Prime Minister, I don't see OW making any sudden changes with Toupellon or Arcaea. Rather look up and think how nice the Dark Isles would look with OW's banner. We may be the only realm to have the power to efficiently hold those regions, seeing as Acraea is already stretched.

Mrh? Where is this coming from? Who would be demanding that Selene step down, and why? And why would Toupelllon be demanding to be treated as a "great and mighty empire"?  Honestly, none of this makes any sense.

Also, no one is demanding she step down. It it only a matter of time for the elections to come around again. She knows she won't win - that's why she scrambled and switched the PM election to quarterly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:55:42 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: November 22, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
Just wait a beat, in a month and 9 days we'll finally have the Prime Minister elections in OW again and I very highly doubt Selene will have the support to be re-elected, especially with her level of participation. So some leadership changes will be undergone, though I don't know if I trust anyone else with as Duke, yet.

But if I am elected  as Prime Minister, I don't see OW making any sudden changes with Toupellon or Arcaea. Rather look up and think how nice the Dark Isles would look with OW's banner. We may be the only realm to have the power to efficiently hold those regions, seeing as Acraea is already stretched.

Also, no one is demanding she step down. It it only a matter of time for the elections to come around again. She knows she won't win - that's why she scrambled and switched the PM election to quarterly.

You don't want things with Arcaea to change? Yet you are ready to stomp all over the plans they have been pursuing for MONTHS. Perhaps you should really take stock of whats going on in FEI before you run for government?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: November 22, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »
Perhaps you should really take stock of whats going on in FEI before you run for government?
Pffftt! Why let little things like a lack of knowledge of current events hold you back?

Hmm... It was witched to quarterly back before the mass-defections from OW to Toupellon. Was it swapped back and forth since then?

FWIW - I hate monthly elections. That's too often. You either get constant election campaigning because you have an active political system, or you you just have one uncontested election after another as people get tired of constantly having to campaign and vote. Quarterly elections are much better.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: November 23, 2011, 05:46:48 PM »
Arcachon is apparently the new Serial Rebellion capital of BattleMaster? I think they have now stolen the title from the Lurians.

Zakilevo

« Reply #49: November 23, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
The third one just broke out. This is crazy. Rodiriz started another rebellion before the turn change. I highly doubt this will change anything.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #50: November 23, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
I highly doubt this will change anything.

Yeah, about that...

Zakilevo

« Reply #51: November 23, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
Now we will see a fourth rebellion. Excellent.

Azul

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: November 23, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »
Well hopefully any rebellion from now on won't change the realm system.

How do we revert back to being a Theocracy? I don't seem to have the option at all.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: November 23, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
You don't want things with Arcaea to change? Yet you are ready to stomp all over the plans they have been pursuing for MONTHS. Perhaps you should really take stock of whats going on in FEI before you run for government?

Ha, what plans? I may be Duke, Banker, General, and Marshal but I certainly don't know anything about Arcaea's "grand plans". Blame Selene, she hasn't shared anything with us except the possibility of creating a closer tie with Arcaea which I'm not so sure about, considering all they seem to want is the use of our lands to attack Arcachon.

Perhaps you should butt out of OW government ;)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: November 23, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »
How do we revert back to being a Theocracy? I don't seem to have the option at all.
By overthrowing the government in a bloody rebellion.

And you have to actually win the rebellion by force of arms. If the old ruler abdicates, then you don't win by force of arms, and cannot change the government style.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: November 23, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »
And, seriously? Four rebellions in as many days?

Rebellion in Arcachon   (4 days, 21 hours ago)
A rebellion is breaking out in Arcachon. Earlier today, Wilhelm Altenahr has called for an uprising against the current government. Details are still sketchy.

Rebellion in Arcachon   (4 days, 13 hours ago)
The government of Arcachon has been overthrown in a bloody rebellion. The leader of the rebel forces, Wilhelm Altenahr, has been announced the new ruler.

Rebellion in Arcachon   (3 days, 1 hour ago)
A rebellion is breaking out in Arcachon. Earlier today, Ingall Altenahr has called for an uprising against the current government. Details are still sketchy.

Rebellion in Arcachon   (1 day, 13 hours ago)
The government of Arcachon has been overthrown in a bloody rebellion. The leader of the rebel forces, Ingall Altenahr, has been announced the new ruler.

Rebellion in Arcachon   (2 hours, 25 minutes ago)
A rebellion is breaking out in Arcachon. Earlier today, Rodiriz Azul has called for an uprising against the current government. Details are still sketchy.

Rebellion in Arcachon   (1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
The government of Arcachon has been overthrown in a bloody rebellion. The leader of the rebel forces, Rodiriz Azul, has been announced the new ruler.

Rebellion in Arcachon   (54 minutes ago)
A rebellion is breaking out in Arcachon. Earlier today, Wilson Hendrix has called for an uprising against the current government. Details are still sketchy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:06:07 PM by Indirik »

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: November 23, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »
And, seriously? Four rebellions in as many days?

Let's start the bets, how many rebellions is it going to take?  ;D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: November 23, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Ha, what plans? I may be Duke, Banker, General, and Marshal but I certainly don't know anything about Arcaea's "grand plans". Blame Selene, she hasn't shared anything with us except the possibility of creating a closer tie with Arcaea which I'm not so sure about, considering all they seem to want is the use of our lands to attack Arcachon.

Perhaps you should butt out of OW government ;)

Arcaea had plans to set up a new colony in Arcachron, this was common knowledge in OW when they joined the war, though you are a relative newcomer to the realm there should be plenty of nobles left who were aware of this. The sensible thing to be asking yourself is "why is Arcaea fighting and what do they hope to gain" before you go making your own grand plans.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: November 23, 2011, 11:13:18 PM »
Arcaea had plans to set up a new colony in Arcachron, this was common knowledge in OW when they joined the war, though you are a relative newcomer to the realm there should be plenty of nobles left who were aware of this. The sensible thing to be asking yourself is "why is Arcaea fighting and what do they hope to gain" before you go making your own grand plans.

Not at all. There are only four nobles left from OW, in fact the only reason I'm still both Banker and General is because there is no one else with high enough prestige to even run in the elections. Well, there were five total in the last election and two were lords and the other two were the PM and the Judge.

Anyways, I'll be sure to see what my character can find out, cause he's still reviling in his big dreams  :P

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: November 24, 2011, 01:20:44 AM »
Wait, your argument amounts to "Don't take the easy win, because Arcaea wants it and so you shouldn't take it."

Why should OW care at all about what Arcaea's long term goals, they can take and hold a bunch of territory and really, Arcaea isn't in any shape to stop them short of delcaring war, and the risk reward analysis should probably be based on that.