Author Topic: Rebellion in Arcachon  (Read 34793 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion in Arcachon
« Reply #75: November 25, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
Am I the only one to see that OW cannot absorb Arcachon? Count the nobles... if OW takes over all the regions of Arcachon, OW becomes Arcachon.

Veleno totally has no problem with that... Make her Duchess of Enlod, give it a few months, Arcachon II is born.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: November 26, 2011, 04:14:59 AM »
Am I the only one to see that OW cannot absorb Arcachon? Count the nobles... if OW takes over all the regions of Arcachon, OW becomes Arcachon.
I don't mind, makes for a far more interesting future, I'd say.

Then again, this next month will decide what happens to OW. Selene has announced to the Republican Council that she'll step down in a week. If I win it, that means Banker and General are open for election.

I have half a mind to vote on turning OW into a Monarchy, though, it would allow for drastic changes within our realm.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 04:21:13 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: November 26, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »
Then again, this next month will decide what happens to OW. Selene has announced to the Republican Council that she'll step down in a week.

I cried a little inside. I had Veleno contest all the elections until now (except one where I was busy), then Selene steps down just as I go away for 2 weeks. Not happy Nathan is not happy :P

I have half a mind to vote on turning OW into a Monarchy, though, it would allow for drastic changes within our realm.

Hah! Good luck :P There are quite a few loyal republicans in Ohnar.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: November 26, 2011, 05:27:22 PM »
Hah! Good luck :P There are quite a few loyal republicans in Ohnar.

I probably wouldn't until my 2nd or 3rd term, if I made it that far. Maybe Veleno would be interested in Sasrhas? Provided she was actually active and didn't squander the gold into your religion! But she seems to be the only solid decision I've come up with so far, or perhaps Harkon.. but he seems a dash slow as well. Then again, no one's perfect  :P

Now that I think of it, these elections are gonna be a tough time for me, too. I might be mowing out of my parents place and into my own house around Dec. 1st and on top of that searching for jobs in the area. We'll see how it pans out.. I'm looking forward to seeing other characters finally join in on the elections, the last one was rather lifeless.

As for Arcachon.. what's the deal? I feel like once the loyalist's beat the rebels, they'll just rebel again, eh?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: November 26, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
Maybe Veleno would be interested in Sasrhas?

You can ask her, but you'll get some fluffy answer since I'm going away for two weeks in a few days. So although "yes" would be the answer, it wouldn't be fair to take the position and then go away a couple of days after being given it :P

As for Arcachon.. what's the deal? I feel like once the loyalist's beat the rebels, they'll just rebel again, eh?

I had it explained to me, but I don't understand without being there. As far as I can gather:

Elections happened. Knights happy, Lords not happy. Lords rebel, get their guy in. Knights rebel, get their guy in. Rinse. Repeat.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: November 26, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »
It's pretty much the Baron's War, come to think of it.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: November 29, 2011, 05:40:56 AM »
Rebellion in Arcachon?  Why what ever do you mean?   ;D

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: May 31, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
I like reading these old threads sometimes and seeing whether the predictions come true. Indirik was certainly right about Toupellon fragmenting after its first war, although I wonder if they'd held on until the new estate changes came in, could they have kept things together. Easier region maintenance and more food might have made a big difference.

Whoever said the Arcachon loyalists would just protest and ban all the rebels got things the wrong way around. And I think we all underestimated how much Arcachon would be weakened after it banned/exiled/executed some 3/4 of its nobles. It wasn't even really a fight after that happened.

Ohnar West under Me'hoe did take a poke at Ecsetuah (after it changed allegiance to them) but was quite quickly shot down with no need to resort to war.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 03, 2012, 03:49:56 PM »
I don't think Toupellon would've stayed together. The food and maintenance problem made it easier for Taylin to muck-rake but the impetus for her to do so would've been there even had that particular mechanism not presented itself.

Toupellon was formed from two washed up realms on their last legs: old Cathay and Ohnar West. There was never really a common cause for it other than 'it looks better over there' and even had Anatole stayed around I don't think he could've changed that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 03, 2012, 05:16:18 PM »
Scarlett is pretty much right on that one. Toupellon never really had its own identity. All it had was a tagline: "the realm of honor and justice" or something like that. There was also a division among the Cathayans. A significant portion of them hated that they were part of Toupellon, and that its formation had killed Cathay.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 03, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
Toupellon could have worked if it was as originally intended - the Sartanian duchies of Ohnar West plus Colasan duchy. But adding two thirds of OW to Cathay was just creating a completely unmanageable realm.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 03, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »
Yep.  That was one of Taylin's big complaints, and the root of her dissatisfaction with Toupellon.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 04, 2012, 03:24:08 AM »
Toupellon was formed from two washed up realms on their last legs: old Cathay and Ohnar West. There was never really a common cause for it other than 'it looks better over there' and even had Anatole stayed around I don't think he could've changed that.

Anatole wasn't planning to.  It just needed to hold together long enough, and then Taylin or someone was going to split off as part of the larger campaign.  Unfortunately, he took off, and it proved impossible to colonize Enlod, and then I had to pause, and everything fell apart.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 04, 2012, 04:22:50 PM »
Anatole wasn't planning to.  It just needed to hold together long enough, and then Taylin or someone was going to split off as part of the larger campaign.  Unfortunately, he took off, and it proved impossible to colonize Enlod, and then I had to pause, and everything fell apart.

I hope you realise that I consider you pausing to be one of the worst things ever to happen to BM? :p

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 04, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »
It would have been fun to see what would have happened after the Archanon Peace Treaty of Jenred. It is truly a pity Jenred had to pause, but life is not a game you can easily pause instead.