Author Topic: A couple of questions on being a Region Lord...  (Read 16266 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A couple of questions on being a Region Lord...
« Topic Start: November 19, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
This is probably a really stupid question, but I've just had my first lordship in years and I've forgotten some rather basic things.

Basically, according to my warehouse my regions food details are the following:

Prod       Cons.        Surplus
423      99               324

Now at the moment I have 166 bushels stored in my warehouse, yet apparently my peasants are going hungry, which I guess means I don't have enough food, but I assumed that "Cons. 99" meant my region consumed 99 food for which 166 would be sufficient.

So where can I find out what my region actually consumes or is the 99 value per week or something? Because I don't want to ask for food until I know exactly how much of a deficit I apparently have.

Also on a sort of related note I appear to have a knight on one of my estates that doesn't actually exist... (can't message him or find him on the char list, yet he is still listed as being my knight and as holding an estate in my region). Is this merely a bugged part of the new estates system?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions on being a Region Lord...
« Reply #1: November 19, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
When did the food arrive in your region?  Sometimes it seems to take a day or two for the "hungry" status to disappear once you get food in a region.

The knight sounds like a bug.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 19, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »
Also, the consumption is on a per week basis. Normally, you should not have hungry status as long as you have more than 1 bushel in stock.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 19, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
Also on a sort of related note I appear to have a knight on one of my estates that doesn't actually exist... (can't message him or find him on the char list, yet he is still listed as being my knight and as holding an estate in my region). Is this merely a bugged part of the new estates system?
Kick him out of his estate.

I once had to pay a tax share to a knight that had emigrated the day before. :P As the estate system gets finished, this kind of thing will work itself out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 20, 2011, 11:28:11 AM »
So where can I find out what my region actually consumes or is the 99 value per week or something? Because I don't want to ask for food until I know exactly how much of a deficit I apparently have.

The 99 value is per week, as mentioned. However, it takes into account only the peasant population - any troops in the region will eat extra (although it is normally a smallish amount that shouldn't have that much effect). My theory on this is that each soldier counts as one extra peasant, and eats the same amount as a peasant would.

If you want to get a good idea of how much is actually getting eaten, check your warehouse every day and see how much was taken out for that day. I believe the food is taken out at the morning turn for that day (logically).

This is just adding on to what has already been said, not contra to it :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 20, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »
My theory on this is that each soldier counts as one extra peasant, and eats the same amount as a peasant would.

Nope, Tom said it was more than a peasant. How much we haven't still figured.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 20, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »
Thanks for all the information  :)

It seems the hunger thing was something along the lines of what Bedwyr suggested, as its gone now despite the fact I didn't get any extra food and harvest time still some days away.

As for the knight, I've kicked him out and am in the process of getting a new one.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 20, 2011, 05:08:34 PM »
Nope, Tom said it was more than a peasant. How much we haven't still figured.

I presume that the consumption is rounded up? Ie, 2.3 bushels would be 3?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 21, 2011, 06:39:28 AM »
Isn't it per harvest, and not per week? Harvests are still 9 days, right?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 21, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
Harvests were never 9 days. Not even with seasons.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 22, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
Harvests are every week, modified according to the seasons. Before, the harvested amount was fixed, and the amount of harvests each week was linked to the seasons. But even in winter, that was once a week (I think)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 22, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
Harvests are every week, modified according to the seasons. Before, the harvested amount was fixed, and the amount of harvests each week was linked to the seasons. But even in winter, that was once a week (I think)

That's not how it used to work, but how it used to work isn't important. The way it works now is that harvest is every 7 days, regardless of season. The amount harvested varies based on season, weather, and regional production value.

egamma

« Reply #12: November 22, 2011, 03:44:11 PM »
That's not how it used to work, but how it used to work isn't important. The way it works now is that harvest is every 7 days, regardless of season. The amount harvested varies based on season, weather, and regional production value.

Why is the "food" value on the region description based on 5 days production?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 22, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
Probably because when food was first invented, it was intended to be harvested every 5 days. I have no idea what it would take to change that value. I asked Anaris about it once, but I really don't remember what the answer was.  :-\

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 22, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
Probably because when food was first invented, it was intended to be harvested every 5 days. I have no idea what it would take to change that value. I asked Anaris about it once, but I really don't remember what the answer was.  :-\

• Recalculate the food values of every region to work for a 7-day harvest instead of 5
  • Update the DB with these new values for every single region at once
  • Change all the places where the code deals with food so that they recognize this change
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan