Author Topic: Change in the rebellion code  (Read 7622 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Change in the rebellion code
« Reply #15: November 21, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
Again, you weren't there, you didnt see the scout reports showing us with double the troops and cs. Anyway, I gave this situation as an example, to demonstrate why I feel a change would benefit the game.

Well, I just wanted to point out the problem, and I proposed a solution for it. But as long as the issue is sorted, it doesn't really matter what the solution is.

No I understand that you had double the CS and troops, and you STILL LOST without even a wall to blame it on. Stop thinking CS is the magical indication of military superiority. If anything the Loyalist proved they are simply superior fighters by defeating such a larger force don't you think?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 22, 2011, 01:14:26 PM »
No I understand that you had double the CS and troops, and you STILL LOST without even a wall to blame it on. Stop thinking CS is the magical indication of military superiority. If anything the Loyalist proved they are simply superior fighters by defeating such a larger force don't you think?

Keep thinking that.

I came here to highlight a problem and suggest a solution, not to argue with you. I believe i have made my point clear, and won't be responding to any more attempts of yours to divert from that point.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 22, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »
So superior CS lost.That's nice.Anyway there's this you are unfamiliar with the realm sort of thing regarding curtiers.If your character just joined a realm and tries to switch to curtier he can't.However if he is already a curtier when joining new realm everything is fine.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 26, 2011, 05:39:01 AM »

Wait a minute. You just said that CS doesn't indicate military strength?

Awww man my head hurts....
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 26, 2011, 07:44:31 AM »
Wait a minute. You just said that CS doesn't indicate military strength?

Awww man my head hurts....

CS isn't a direct indication of military strength.  It's a convenient and good shorthand, but there are plenty of situations where CS is a poor indicator.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 26, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
CS isn't a direct indication of military strength.  It's a convenient and good shorthand, but there are plenty of situations where CS is a poor indicator.

Exactly. One of the many ways CS can be wrong is that it doesn't take into account unit composition. Its is possible for a 100% infantry army to defeat a 100% archer army, even if the archers have near double the CS.

True military strength also needs to take into account leadership. Poor selection of marshal settings can make that extra CS edge completely irrelevant.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.