BattleMaster > Helpline

Marshal formation

(1/9) > >>

Velax:
From what I've seen in most battles not involving fortifications, defenders have infantry on the front row which will move toward the attackers during Round 1. Given that, I can't see a marshal setting on the wiki that would allow the attacker's cavalry and infantry to engage the defenders during the same round. Either the infantry hit first and the cavalry the turn after (Infantry Charge), or the cavalry hit first and the infantry the turn after (Cavalry Charge).

For both to hit in the same turn, assuming the defenders move forward in Round 1, I think attacking infantry would need to be set up on the front row and attacking cavalry on the middle row, but there doesn't seem to be a marshal setting for that. Am I missing something?

songqu88@gmail.com:
There might not be such a setting. However, I think leadership skill factors into which formations you can access.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to set your archers/MI/SF according to range.

Longmane:

--- Quote from: Velax on March 09, 2011, 06:26:56 PM ---For both to hit in the same turn, assuming the defenders move forward in Round 1, I think attacking infantry would need to be set up on the front row and attacking cavalry on the middle row, but there doesn't seem to be a marshal setting for that. Am I missing something?

--- End quote ---

Sometimes the best options not to use any marshal settings whatsoever it certain situations, but instead rely on experience and use custom battle lines etc, as even while have all the marshal commands myself I still find that works best in many situations.     

songqu88@gmail.com:
It's harder to organize custom lines because sometimes you'll have one or two with the wrong settings. With marshal formations, as long as the marshal is capable and active (which should be qualities for selecting a marshal in the first place) then you have units set up good to go. For most battles one or two units out of formation isn't going to be the end of the war, but in close battles, sometimes that can lead to the loss of good units unnecessarily. So it's more like a matter of convenience. Unfortunately it seems like we can't exactly put all the different combinations of settings that exist.

Longmane:
One of the other qualities required of a good marshal, and indeed perhaps the most important, is not only being able instill an inherent dicipline in his/her army, meaning more often then not nearly every member follows orders to a tee concerning settings etc, but also the ability build up a true sense of brother and sisterhood amoung it's ranks. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version