Author Topic: Marshal formation  (Read 17303 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Marshal formation
« Reply #30: March 23, 2011, 04:09:46 PM »
There is a careful balance between giving the individual players control, and allowing the marshal to do what they're supposed to do, which includes making sure that the army is prepared and ready for battle. Personally, I think that the system that we have works pretty well.  While we may not be tactical military geniuses, and legendary leaders of men, we play characters who are. We shouldn't have to do *everything* ourselves.

Agreed.  I've often thought that moving the unit settings to a more prominent place within the game would go a long way toward ensuring people are regularly checking and updating their settings.  When I give (gave) marshal orders, I made sure to include the unit setting key in all orders (ex: 1DL, 3AW).  That way, you only need to glance down at the status bar.  But to change them should probably only require one click-through, either down in the status bar as a direct link or as dropdown boxes on the Order page itself.  Far too many critical items are buried two or three links deep.  Thoughts?