Author Topic: Marshal formation  (Read 17290 times)

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
Re: Marshal formation
« Reply #30: March 23, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
Speaking for myself as a player rather then from the point of view of my marshal/general, and likewise one who not only gets a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction out of BM personally but also wants others to do similar, I believe the current system concerning orders and command setting etc is already near enough perfect, as while the very limited amount of command settings, and likewise their unsuitability for many situations, can be highly frustrating for a new marshal, and indeed rather much so all the way until reach they've reached their max complement, I nevertheless myself found it not so much as something to hate and bang my head against the wall over, but rather a system that not only encouraged me to use a "more hands on" attitude when setting my armies out before battle, inasmuch as began formulating and using custom setting very early on, but also to build up a personal rapport with, and between, my troop leaders. 
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"