Author Topic: OOC Clans  (Read 20967 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: OOC Clans
« Reply #15: November 27, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »
If you only had 7 people in your realm outside of the OOC clan, most likely you were "dead" already. To complain that 7-8 new people joined the realm and then behaved in a way that didn't benefit it confuses me, as they would not have befitted it if they had never joined in the first place, so where is your loss?

If they simply joined to betray the realm, report to the Titans.

The game is about role playing your characters. if the OOC clan was playing in a way that destroyed your role playing fun, report to the Titans. If it was realistic but unfortunate for you, roll with it.

Finally, if you already quit your realm, then what is your point in later coming here to complain? I think you screwed up your own game by walking out in the middle when you still had a chance at recourse.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 27, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »
Finally, if you already quit your realm, then what is your point in later coming here to complain? I think you screwed up your own game by walking out in the middle when you still had a chance at recourse.

I didn't read the original post as a complaint, more as a question about how to deal with it in the future. Crescent knows the action (s)he took wasn't the best and needed advice on how to deal with it should it arise again.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #17: November 27, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
Perhaps. but I read,

"They simply have their friends vote for them and give stupid reasons to protest against someone they don't like etc and its pissing me off since it totally ruins the spirit of gaming. Needless to say, they'll deny having contact in IC or OOC."

as complaining, with qualifying words that say he doesn't care and is only asking.

Crescent

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 28, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
Yes I've already left on one character and the other character is on his way out. With only 7 people they are already half a realm. However they'll survive because the enemy attacking them are their friends anyway.

Latest news is that one of them won the elections against one of the most dedicated and longest serving member of the realm. A new noble 147 days in the realm won the elections over a old Guard serving faithfully for 2851 days. Its a gone case there. Not complaining, just giving an update for those who are actually interested. I'm halfway out of that hell-hole though.

And I'm a guy.  :D

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 28, 2011, 01:07:22 PM »
A new noble 147 days in the realm won the elections over a old Guard serving faithfully for 2851 days.

New? You call playing 6 months in a realm new? I think your realm had a real problem there.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 28, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
You know, just because they are new to the realm doesn't mean that they have to vote for the same old candidate time after time. (And like vonGenf, I hardly think that 150 days in the realm is "new" anymore.) If you didn't want to continually risk your positions in regular elections, then you should be friggin' republic. (Or democracy, or w/e.)

Having said, that I have no idea if these people are a "clan", or whatever. It's practically impossible to tell. After all, they are allowed to play together. And if they all came from the same place before they joined your realm, why wouldn't they form their own political bloc? That part seems pretty realistic to me. And like others have said, if you only have 7 people in your realm, then pretty much *anyone* who comes into your realm with a couple friends can take over. What else do you expect?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Crescent

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 28, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
Indirik you're mistaking. I'm not asking for anything but opinions and stances on how to deal with such, and I do believe I've found what I need, from gentle to hardcore, thank you.

6 months is very new compared to the alternative. And their family background doesn't show them meeting. But it quite clearly shows that they have an agenda when they start to protest in unison once they can, 2 weeks or so into the realm.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 28, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »
Like I said, I don't know if they are a clan or not. Without having been in the realm, and seeing the situation firsthand, all we have to go by is what you give us. And every time you post, you provide new information. So, unless we had a complete message dump from everyone in the realm, we can't know whether they are a clan or not. Or maybe they are just friends playing in the same realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #23: November 28, 2011, 07:07:42 PM »
Indirik you're mistaking. I'm not asking for anything but opinions and stances on how to deal with such, and I do believe I've found what I need, from gentle to hardcore, thank you.

6 months is very new compared to the alternative. And their family background doesn't show them meeting. But it quite clearly shows that they have an agenda when they start to protest in unison once they can, 2 weeks or so into the realm.

Crescent,
Let me share a plan I had a few months ago. I planned to switch allegiance with several of my realm-mates to Oriolton, take over the realm through elections, and declare war on Lukon. All that was planned IC, for IC reasons. So the exact thing would have happened anyway without any clanning needed.

That probably doesn't make you feel better, but that's the risk you take when you have monthly or quarterly voting.

Your declaring war on MT bought you a month or two, that's all.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:09:26 PM by egamma »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 28, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »
Latest news is that one of them won the elections against one of the most dedicated and longest serving member of the realm. A new noble 147 days in the realm won the elections over a old Guard serving faithfully for 2851 days.

Serving faithfully who? Probably not those that voted the other candidate.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 28, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »
Serving faithfully who? Probably not those that voted the other candidate.

Where's the like button when you need one.... :)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 29, 2011, 02:14:41 AM »
Oritolon has a history of keeping the same old farts in power, and also of uprisings of clans or friends.  As others have stated though, when you only have 7 characters left anyways, it's time to look for new blood or accept that your realm will probably die.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: November 30, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
Well...I must say I am not one to care about a realm being ended.  As long as its IC... and I have learned over the years that my only defense against OOC things that come up with other people is to not give into it and fight it IC just as if it were IC.

HOWEVER... I will say this... 

A quick google search of Oriolton comes up with this (along with lots of cool old spell master history)

Apocalypse Alliance - View topic - Conquering the game ...
apocalypseiscoming.net/f2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1664&p...
Oct 30, 2011 – Join the realm Oritolon. (further instructions will be PM'ed ingame) ... Join Realm : Oritolon Battle Master game might appear a bit ...

Now when I tried to open the link, it asked for registration...so I cant say what all sort of discussion has taken place there.  We will see if they accept my registration or not and then perhaps I will find out.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: November 30, 2011, 02:19:55 AM »
Well...I must say I am not one to care about a realm being ended.  As long as its IC... and I have learned over the years that my only defense against OOC things that come up with other people is to not give into it and fight it IC just as if it were IC.

A quick google search of Oriolton comes up with this (along with lots of cool old spell master history)

Oct 30, 2011 – Join the realm Oritolon. (further instructions will be PM'ed ingame) ... Join Realm : Oritolon Battle Master game might appear a bit ...

Now when I tried to open the link, it asked for registration...so I cant say what all sort of discussion has taken place there.  We will see if they accept my registration or not and then perhaps I will find out.

Excellent info Valast, and I'm sure the titans can check up exactly what instructions are being messaged in game.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: November 30, 2011, 04:30:29 AM »

Omg  :o I used to know them along with Crescent last time. They are from some game called Utopia. Apocalypse Alliance Utopia can search as well too. The leader is called Khain, there is no doubt... Hear Tom requested him to change his family name from Dragon, he changed to Dragonborn. As we cannot have Dragon in Battlemaster  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)