Author Topic: Any Atamaran Dukes up for letting me use their name for RP purposes?  (Read 4264 times)

Somra

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Have a character in the Colonies with the background of having been banished to the Colonies by an Atamaran duke who discovered the character having an affair with the duke's wife. The character's family had just enough influence to keep the character from being immediately executed, especially in return for keeping the matter from becoming public, but that won't save him in the Colonies..

Being that dukes are always player-based, I can't just make up a name for this;
So, anyone up for being to blame for bounties being put on the toon for his adultering ways?

Of course, this'd leave you with plenty of your own RP material should you wish to touch upon it :)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
I had a Duke of Nida with my old family. Neleron Carna. Cagilan Empire. Say what you want about him, if you want to. 'Course, he hasn't been around in about a RL year, at a guess.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Depending on how far back you want to go...You could do something with Damian Bedwyr there.  Duke of Stoneville a couple of times (briefly each time, alas), and quite crazy at the end.  Sounds like the kind of thing he could have done to justify why Aeryn never ended up marrying him.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Somra

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Thanks to both of you for helping out :)

Bedwyr's justifications and rp-context seem as a good a basis as any; And who are we to start nitpicking at Battlemaster chronological consistencies? Heck, Dwilight aside, it's not like anyone even knows what season it is most of the time.

Finnius L'Myrn got shipped off to the Assassins in Colonies; If you're up to writing up a missive to the ruler insisting the guild live up to its name and kill off Finnius (with a suitable bounty being placed at the same time ;) ) I'd be grateful for the effort :) Else, I'll just have to make assumptions on the insanity you spoke of..

Now, how many times did he dress up as a chicken and attack people with wooden spoons?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Thanks to both of you for helping out :)

Bedwyr's justifications and rp-context seem as a good a basis as any; And who are we to start nitpicking at Battlemaster chronological consistencies? Heck, Dwilight aside, it's not like anyone even knows what season it is most of the time.

Finnius L'Myrn got shipped off to the Assassins in Colonies; If you're up to writing up a missive to the ruler insisting the guild live up to its name and kill off Finnius (with a suitable bounty being placed at the same time ;) ) I'd be grateful for the effort :) Else, I'll just have to make assumptions on the insanity you spoke of..

Now, how many times did he dress up as a chicken and attack people with wooden spoons?

Ah...The reason the timing is problematic is that Damian's been dead for several IG years.  And he went really insane at the end, considerably beyond dressing as a chicken and attacking people with wooden spoons.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Somra

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Ha, sounds awesome.
As interesting as that'd be, I'm still really hoping for an active or recently active duke for the role.. or..you know.. one that's still alive enough to angst about it.

..of course, I am in the Colonies. Damian wasn't kin to the Lich King, perhaps?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Ha, sounds awesome.
As interesting as that'd be, I'm still really hoping for an active or recently active duke for the role.. or..you know.. one that's still alive enough to angst about it.

..of course, I am in the Colonies. Damian wasn't kin to the Lich King, perhaps?

No, unfortunately.  Gauihu might have been, he had that thing with the undead for a while...