Author Topic: Sint selling out  (Read 20491 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sint selling out
« Reply #45: December 07, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »

As for inter-invasion, the link between the monsters of the third and the fourth was hard to establish, though one could say the monsters are varied anyways, and that this might be due to some missing knowledge. The link between the undead in the third and fourth invasion, however, seemed quite broken. The fourth invasion undead simply said "they were imposters", and left it at that. Again, maybe it's 'cause I'm missing key chunks of the lore, but undead beings that can summon thousands from the dead to fight again for them being called "imposters" didn't make much sense, as whoever they were, they clearly weren't kidding about having all that power. Melhed had also developed a lot of RP with the 3rd invasion undead, and I've heard them lament about how it had all turned into a blank slate. Summoner clearly had a lot of power over the undead, with his faction of the Necromancer's Servants, but obviously so did the fourth invasion's undead, so this break bothered me a bit.

The were impostors in the sense that they were not of "The Many". There undead state was not caused by the oaths that bind "The Many". They were undead, they could raise undead but they are completely different. What is wrong with this, why should there be only one source of undead? So far as I understood it the necromancers could not control the undead of "The Many" they created their own undead forces. Thus the label impostors.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: December 07, 2011, 06:12:56 AM »
The were impostors in the sense that they were not of "The Many". There undead state was not caused by the oaths that bind "The Many". They were undead, they could raise undead but they are completely different. What is wrong with this, why should there be only one source of undead? So far as I understood it the necromancers could not control the undead of "The Many" they created their own undead forces. Thus the label impostors.

Would it not be prudent to notice that "undead", "monster", and possibly "daimon" too are generic terms which may apply to different kinds of them? There may cover both different societies of creatures or societies of different kinds of creatures, today dominated by some, tomorrow by others. Say the third invasion was done by skeletons and the fourth by zombies, for example.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: December 07, 2011, 06:57:24 AM »
Nonsense, just like the "humans", they are a unified force led by a single will with discernable goals.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #48: December 07, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »
Nonsense, just like the "humans", they are a unified force led by a single will with discernable goals.
+1 / like

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #49: December 09, 2011, 12:58:34 AM »
...You mean...they're not all the same?!  :o

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: February 07, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
We should place bets on how long until Sint sells out to the daimons.  ;D

Just pointing out the irony that IVF was the first to sell out to the daimons...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: February 07, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
Just pointing out the irony that IVF was the first to sell out to the daimons...

It would be irony, if it wasn't almost expected.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: February 07, 2012, 11:56:13 PM »
Sint supported daimon troops, threatened other realms, protected daimon heartlands.

Fheuv'n offered to annex Enweil to better fight the daimons.

But sure, compare if you will.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #53: February 08, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »
Sint supported daimon troops, threatened other realms, protected daimon heartlands.

Fheuv'n offered to annex Enweil to better serve the daimons.

But sure, compare if you will.
Edited for accuracy.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: February 09, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »

Glorious.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: February 09, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
weird thing is... why is sint still allied to everyone else?
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: February 09, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »
Edited for accuracy.

If I wished to serve the daimons, I would have never allied Sint, preventing the grand alliance and therefore preventing some of the best fights against the daimons. I would also have refused to accept peace with Riombara, and would have offered Overlord to go attack them in exchange for a truce.

That my character doesn't suddenly go brain-dead the moment a daimon appears doesn't mean he wants to serve them. They are just a threat among many, many others, and fighting them is an objective among many, many others.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron