Author Topic: LandGrab  (Read 3113 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
LandGrab
« Topic Start: November 30, 2011, 05:44:44 AM »
http://sandbox.landgrab.net/map_contest/others.html

I found this while googling. Mah old Beluaterra map!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: LandGrab
« Reply #1: November 30, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »
I'm not really happy with that. Landgrab appears to be a Freemium game, and that's borderline commercial. At the very least, asking would've been good.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 30, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
The problem with Landgrab is that it allows the player to make and upload maps. Thus such stealing is rampant.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: November 30, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Someone asked about it back in 2009 and I basically said it's not a good idea because these aren't really "my" maps, given that the tile graphics are (C) by whoever made the AoW graphics.
But that was about a different map, so it's someone else.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 30, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »
I'm not really happy with that. Landgrab appears to be a Freemium game, and that's borderline commercial. At the very least, asking would've been good.

I did that very long ago, I didn't really think of suck things back then (nor did any other BM player I was in contact with as I made it), and the possibility of non-BM players playing on it, given how fugly it looks, had not occurred to me either.

I haven't connected to that in years, but if my account still exists, maybe I can look to see if the map can be deleted, if you want.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: November 30, 2011, 03:32:53 PM »
I've contacted the person who runs LandGrab, not saying "delete it", but telling them that I'm not 100% sure about the legal issues, especially since we're using the AoW editor ourselves. He replied saying he'd delete the map, and that stuff like that happens all the time with player-submitted maps.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 30, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
Well, I don't think any BM players were using it anymore anyways, so that's fine. :P