Author Topic: Before and after  (Read 3506 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Before and after
« Topic Start: June 30, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
On your left, you have Beluaterra on March 4, at more or less the maximum extent of the Blight. On your right is Beluaterra today.

Most of it is self explanatory, but one little thing I thought I'd point out is how the Blight in the sea south of Enweil has started to fade away (you can also see it too a lesser degree west of Sint). A nice touch from Tom imo.

[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Before and after
« Reply #1: June 30, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
I dunno; saving a few places, I see more blight on the newer map...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 30, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
Ok, with hindsight it does need explanation.

There are two-variants of "blight"; the actual Blight (which we cannot even enter) and Dark Clouds (which can be travelled through and controlled as normal, but suffer some stat penalties). The first map is from before the introduction of Dark Clouds, so you can easily tell the difference between Blighted and Unblighted regions. Unfortunately in the second one, the overlay makes it difficult to tell the difference between Blight and Dark Cloud by colour alone.

An easier way to tell if a region is Blighted or not is to see if the borders show up. For example, you can see the full borders of the regions south of Sint (which are Daimon controlled, but only covered by Dark Clouds). By contrast, you can't see the borders of the regions south of those, which are fully blighted.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 02, 2012, 07:42:42 PM »
Indeed.  It looks like the main realms that have a chance to really pull out strong from this are Riombara and Nothoi.  Nothoi, if others don't contest them too much, can more or less take all of the old Plergoth/Hetland territories. 

Makes me think though... I wonder if Zod is still a food giant. Same with the bread basket that was Mesh.  Eykfar, was it, in particular?  I think those two regions had the highest food production before the rebalance.  I wonder if Zod is now some badass stronghold.

Kneel before Zod!

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: July 02, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
taking a couple rural regions won't make much difference for Nothoi. If Thalmarkin can kill the northern Blight Daimon, we will free up two cities. Having 2 additional cities will make so much difference.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 02, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »
I mostly hoped lands around the river through Mesh open up.

I know at one point there was talk about being able to do CTO s on townlands.  If/when that happens, I just want to see one simple self-sufficient set up.  Or several of them.  I've always liked the idea of federated city states, and I know I'm not by myself there.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 16, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
You could set up a realm with individual duchies set up as 'states'. The beauty of the new system!