Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles

Have there been other "unblighting" of regions when the Daimon comanders are killed?  Other than the other battle in Thalmarkin?  I only remember these two occasions.  Is there anything special about the two battles and killings?  Or have I misinterpreted something?

Anaris

Quote from: Charles on May 21, 2012, 02:53:35 PM
Have there been other "unblighting" of regions when the Daimon comanders are killed?  Other than the other battle in Thalmarkin?  I only remember these two occasions.  Is there anything special about the two battles and killings?  Or have I misinterpreted something?

It happened both times we killed a Darkest Hour.

After the darkest hour comes the dawn.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Iltaran

Just to expand for those weaklings without characters on Beluaterra.

When the invasion started, there were five named Daimons leading units; "Overlord" and four "Nightfalls" (Nightfall of the North, East, South and West respectively). As we killed the "Nightfalls", they were replaced by a "Midnight". In turn, after we killed a "Midnight", they were replaced by a "Darkest Hour". So "Nightfall of the North" was captured and executed by Melhed. "Midnight of the North" replaced him a few days later and eventually died attacking Firbalt. Finally came "Darkest Hour of the North", who was killed by Darius in Unger. After this, a number of regions were unblighted.

Darkest Hour of the North and the West have both been killed, while Darkest Hour of the South and Midnight of the East are still active.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Velax

What was this "Blight Daimon" I saw in a battle report a few days ago?

Geronus

A new commander of some sort that leads a unit of Blight Daimons. He didn't have a very powerful unit (by comparison anyway), and does not seem to have been replaced as of yet. Not sure if there will be more of them or not.

Personally, I kind of hope this really is the end game. I'm starting to get a little tired of the daimons springing surprises on us. The first couple times it was suitably shocking and entertaining, but I think I'm ready for the Invasion to wind down at this point. I just want to kick some ass a few more times and go home, though that unit Overlord is currently leading is absolutely monstrous. I suspect we'll have to wear it down through attrition by sending two or three massive armies to their deaths; not sure there's any other choice/way to beat him unless you can somehow manage to completely avoid the charge, and even then I imagine that unit can dish some serious damage.

JPierreD

Quote from: Iltaran on May 21, 2012, 03:49:10 PM
Darkest Hour of the North and the West have both been killed, while Darkest Hour of the South and Midnight of the East are still active.

It's Midnight of the South, unfortunately, not Darkest Hour. Yet...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Darksun

Quote from: JPierreD on May 21, 2012, 04:56:10 PM
It's Midnight of the South, unfortunately, not Darkest Hour. Yet...

Probably why the south is in such good shape... :(

Charles

Will we have to kill all the Darkest hours for the blight to be lifted?  I suppose that means that the north will have to move South once Overlord is beaten. 
I like talking about that as though it is innevitable, Melhed just got schooled.

Iltaran

Unfortunately we got a bit overconfident after the victories in Winifael and Jedinchel. It was assumed Overlord would just continue his TO instead of attacking before we could fully move into position.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

fodder

hmm... the lifting of the blight...does it only lift the ones caused by TOs?
eg.. there was vilrill or some such that wasn't blighted by TO but by portal stones or some such.
firefox

Naidraug

No, the area around Reeds that was blighted is not blighted anymore. So it is not just TOed regions
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

vonGenf

Are there any of the regions that were blighted during the 4th invasion that have been unblighted? I've lost track.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Naidraug

Weghie, Bajit, Watto, Mokut, Yokk, there are others arround Firbalt that were unblighted
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Lorgan

Quote from: vonGenf on May 22, 2012, 03:39:13 PM
Are there any of the regions that were blighted during the 4th invasion that have been unblighted? I've lost track.

Only around 25...

Iltaran

*puts on his resident-historians hat*

Twenty-three of the regions blighted during the 4th invasion have been unblighted by my count. Of those blighted in the 5th invasion, I think five have been unblighted; Firbalt, Reeds, Zhule, Eg Tutnu and Fheuvenem.

I'll toss up a map showing what's changed when I get a chance.