Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 428213 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #60: December 05, 2011, 01:01:19 AM »
Exactly. All invasions since the 3rd (the first two were really just for entertainment, I never thought to have the invaders win) can be won or lost, with consequences. I am fully willing to sink the island if the players mess up too badly.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 05, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »
I was under the rumored impressionable half-truth that it might have been possible, but neither affirmed nor denied, that adventurers playing the Dream got books instead of scrolls. Seeing as how the noble game gets all the attention, it is unsurprising that this is based only on the gossip of girls who are not named Gilmore.

I might be remembering incorrectly, but didn't *adventurers* get the scrolls when you finished The Dream, if you had one on BT?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #62: December 05, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
With the combined stuff of the Prophets, the Dream, the Light, and finally the Archons, it seemed a lot like Mr. Tom was trying to throw as many bones to the players as possible to have the humans prevail though. And yet...they still managed to lose a ton of land. Good gosh stuff was lols back then.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: December 05, 2011, 01:05:57 AM »
With the combined stuff of the Prophets, the Dream, the Light, and finally the Archons, it seemed a lot like Mr. Tom was trying to throw as many bones to the players as possible to have the humans prevail though. And yet...they still managed to lose a ton of land. Good gosh stuff was lols back then.

And the end just felt like Tom saying "okay, I'm tired of this invasion, let's stop it with a happy ending".

Nobody really understood what the hell was going on, and then all of a sudden, no more invaders. "And there was much rejoicing".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: December 05, 2011, 04:41:42 AM »
Exactly. All invasions since the 3rd (the first two were really just for entertainment, I never thought to have the invaders win) can be won or lost, with consequences. I am fully willing to sink the island if the players mess up too badly.

Nice, so defeat is not a certainty. I like that.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 05, 2011, 04:53:07 AM »
And the end just felt like Tom saying "okay, I'm tired of this invasion, let's stop it with a happy ending".

Nobody really understood what the hell was going on, and then all of a sudden, no more invaders. "And there was much rejoicing".

Really? How many people are happy with the state BT was left in really?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 05, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »
Really? How many people are happy with the state BT was left in really?

The last was a joke. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 05, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »

Yes, it did rather feel like that. The Archons just appeared out of the blue one day and everything ended quite quickly thereafter, but there was never any reason given for their appearance. I'm sure there *is* one, but I suspect that virtually no one actually knows what it is. It was fairly anti-climactic.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #68: December 05, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »
Tom: BT can die in 4th Inv if you all mess up.
Everyone else: Oh shi-

*Stuff happens, 4th Inv ends*

Everyone else: Ha, phew, almost had us there Tom. Now let's see how to get rid of the Blight.
Tom: Not a chance in 2011.

*Everyone else keeps trying. Eventually this dude named Artemesia does figure out a way*

Artemesia: Huh, I be duke of Latlan lol.
Bunch of other dudes: WTF?!
Anaris: Dude, stop messing around.
Artemesia: :( Ok.

*More stuff happens, like Fronen being a collective idiot. Other stuff, like some really long realm name. Some daimon priest dudes stuff appear.*

Tom: Ok, 5th Inv coming soon to a theater near you.
Everyone else: OMGWTFBBW
Tom: And if you mess up you can lose BT.
Everyone else: Sounds familiar...

(Disclaimer: All dialogue is fictional. Any relation to reality is purely coincidental.)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 05, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »
;D This is the funniest line in the whole thing. I still can't figure out if it was intentional or not...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #70: December 05, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »

Well, if anything than the blight should prove that I'm not above permanent changes.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 05, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
I am fully willing to sink the island if the players mess up too badly.

The ROOF,
The ROOF,
The ROOF is on FIRE!

We don't need no water,
Let the mother%&#^%! BURN,
BURN mother%&#^%, BURN!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 05, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
Tom: Ok, 5th Inv coming soon to a theater near you.

(Disclaimer: All dialogue is fictional. Any relation to reality is purely coincidental.)

I assumed it could be the end. But Tom didn't send an official announcement this time, as he did with others, so I'm not sure where you got "and if you mess up you can lose BT". I'm sure it's implied, but still. He's been unusually silent on this one, compared to the others I've been in.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: December 05, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »
Well, if anything than the blight should prove that I'm not above permanent changes.

You'd be amazed at how many people are convinced that they will recover the blight thanks to this invasion. ;)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: December 05, 2011, 05:10:17 PM »
You'd be amazed at how wrong they will be ;D