Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 419250 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Fifth Invasion
« Topic Start: December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
For those of you not on the BM Facebook page, Tom posted up these videos. He also said they had something to do with BM.

Within Temptation - Stand My Ground
http://youtu.be/4sCkAvh50Vs

This video screams invasion to me. Just look at the lyrics.

It's all around, getting stronger,
coming closer, into my world.
I can feel that it's time for me to face it,
can I take it?
Though this might just be the ending
of the life I held so dear.
But I won't run,
there's no turning back from here.

So fifth invasion time  ;D could this be the last one?

The second video also runs on similar themes.

http://youtu.be/0Oll_ZaE-r8

So face the dark
And I'll teach you about fire

In the
blink of an eye

Now drink the cyanide!

The worlds collide
And you know
That it's pure filth
That I hide

On these plains there's a burning ruin

That must be found
On these plains there's a demon that sleeps

It must be unbound

So strong references to daimons and the cleansing fire in the second video, along with a passing mention of the blight.

And maybe I am overanalysing somewhat.. But perhaps the drink cyanide is a reference to the undead.

Of course, we already heard about the priests of Daimon worship who have started their witchcraft again... Maybe this is the confirmation.

Rushes off to ennoble his advy.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1: December 02, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Thought one: Tom has good taste in music

Thought two: SMEG

Thoughts three and four: Censored just in case we aren't seeing the start of the fifth

Thought five: FRACK
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 02, 2011, 03:12:31 PM »
Thanks for posting it here! Hope it gets some notice on Facebook as well :)

I have no resistance against Invasions :( I'm already all happy for it, whatever may come our way this time.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 02, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
Can Lich King come back to Colonies? We are having a dull life here....  :'(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: December 02, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »
I was already worried. No "the invasion is here!" topic on the forum. And still nobody has made a "5th Invasion" wiki page. Guys, are you getting old?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 02, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »
I was already worried. No "the invasion is here!" topic on the forum. And still nobody has made a "5th Invasion" wiki page. Guys, are you getting old?

It *is* the end of the session.

Mind you, there were some people up north going all like "it's a conspiracy!", despite the accounts of daimon priests and looting.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 02, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »
It *is* the end of the session.

Mind you, there were some people up north going all like "it's a conspiracy!", despite the accounts of daimon priests and looting.

Looks like you have something to add here.

Repository of Knowledge/Submissions

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/index.php?title=Repository_of_Knowledge/Submissions&action=edit&redlink=1

:)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 02, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »
Ha, no, I'm not gonna write in that.

No wikiing in general for me 'till january, though, probably.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 02, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »

Priests are no real invasion force and besides, it might be due to the fact that the only looting report came from a certain family with no scout report as back-up...... It was just to easy to claim a Enweil conspiracy.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: December 02, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »
Those daemon priests are like missionaries. Causing havoc and gathering information before the main force arrives to colonize.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: December 02, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: December 02, 2011, 11:30:15 PM »
Once we get more players after all the updates, I am sure old guys will be more active too  ;)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 03, 2011, 03:31:07 AM »

If we don't talk about it, we can pretend they're not really coming to devour our livers?  ;)
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 03, 2011, 06:15:28 AM »
Hopefully there is a chance, if slim, to regain all the blighted lands. And also that relevant information is shared rather than hoarded  ::)

And at the end of the invasion, if the storyline hasn't been clear to all, that it be explained so that the players on BT can have closure (if Bt falls  :'( )

Anyone scouted the blight yet? Any sightings of monsters/ Undead/ Light/ Archons?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 03, 2011, 06:52:58 AM »
Hopefully there is a chance, if slim, to regain all the blighted lands. And also that relevant information is shared rather than hoarded  ::)

And at the end of the invasion, if the storyline hasn't been clear to all, that it be explained so that the players on BT can have closure (if Bt falls  :'( )

Anyone scouted the blight yet? Any sightings of monsters/ Undead/ Light/ Archons?

Nothing spotted in the blight, other than Overlord is lord of all, and we spotted him when he went in there but he comes in and out.