Poll

What do the colonies need in order to boost our enjoyment?

Lets play with rocks!  and by rocks I mean...Find out what REALLY lives near the Lendan Stones.
9 (27.3%)
The Lich King eats mud pies and smells of Elderberrys!!! (He should come out to stop us taunting in his general direction
9 (27.3%)
Huge crator...RIGHT between Lukon and Portion... Stupid barbarians...why do they have to win all the time.
3 (9.1%)
GM intervention... BT cant be the only ones to have all the fun!
5 (15.2%)
Colonies?  Isent that a type of take over?
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Save the Colonies!!!  (Read 27327 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Colonies!!!
« Reply #15: December 05, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »
Save the Colonies? This has an easy answer. If/when Minas Thalion next take Irdalni, the Duke of Alowca should switch allegiance to them. Minas Thalion are proving that they're about the only realm who can hold a candle to Lukon in terms of military organisation and well, how could it not be a good thing if Lukon got it's first proper rival in a while? Hopefully the leadership of Oritolon would then make a hasty about face, relinquish claims on the lost lands and work with Minas Thalion to take Lukon city.

I actually tried to play devils advocate with my other character on the matter with Duke Pyran. He'd been making noises about secession due to the poor war effort after all, but alas, he's stonewall Oritolonian. Probably won't happen. But I do think that'd shake things up a fair bit. And Giblot would definitely end up with the space she needs to reassert herself up north.

Failing all that, my impression is that the Lukon-Oritolon relationship is inexorably falling apart so there are bound to be some interesting things happening eventually! Especially with it looking unlikely that Minas Thalion will get rolled over any time soon. It seems like that nest of anti-Oritolon/Lukon feeling is here to stay.

Snooping around the map, the Lendan Stones, Arak Castle, and the Arrakir, don't have region IDs. Or not anymore. Or...if they do they are really out there random somewhere that make no logical sense in the format of the rest of the map.

The Colonies map is the only one that could definitely use a graphical upgrade though.

I'm certain Arak Castle and Arrakir belonged to Lukon when I first started playing. Their removal was probably something to do with the Lich King. Tom was a vengeful god back then. The bridges that link Assassins to Helsera and Briarull to Hilly Holes were put in to try and relieve the relentless pressure on Outer Tilog too. Something to give Giblot another outlet and presumably, stop things getting stale. Happening in 2005 I think. It's mentioned in the GGG somewhere, anyway.