Poll

What do the colonies need in order to boost our enjoyment?

Lets play with rocks!  and by rocks I mean...Find out what REALLY lives near the Lendan Stones.
9 (27.3%)
The Lich King eats mud pies and smells of Elderberrys!!! (He should come out to stop us taunting in his general direction
9 (27.3%)
Huge crator...RIGHT between Lukon and Portion... Stupid barbarians...why do they have to win all the time.
3 (9.1%)
GM intervention... BT cant be the only ones to have all the fun!
5 (15.2%)
Colonies?  Isent that a type of take over?
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Save the Colonies!!!  (Read 27316 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Colonies!!!
« Reply #15: December 08, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »
Which makes me wonder... Are there ever any battles on the colonies? They must be rather small, as the colonies have poor regions mostly and people have to limit their recruitment so that they can pay them for 2-3 weeks.

On top of the "twice the travel times, half the hours, hours the turns" I already stated, I'll add that core things like tax and payment working the same as elsewhere pretty much made it unplayable to me.

I did try the colonies a few times. Left, then came back. The 1 turn per day wasn't what bothered it, it's all of the rest that did.

There are, but they are very infrequent against other players. Travel time plus one turn a day makes getting places a headache, especially in areas that have seen frequent battle/looting and have bad roads as a result. Lukon can field an impressive army, and Giblot and Outer Tilog aren't slouches in a pinch either. The Assassins army was never very big for that reason though, and I can't speak for MT or Orits military capabilities.
I tend to go with a throwaway method of troop recruitment, the honor loss for losing them due to not paying doesn't bother me (rather I try to offset it with what I gain from battle), so I load up as many high quality troops as I can afford to get to the front and just worry about getting them into battle, I set my unit to 90% retreat as default and use them to grind down the enemy. If any of my men survive, I use them to hunt and loot as much as I can first rather than worry about saving them for their training, cohesion, or the like. I fight tooth and nail for every scrap and try to make any victory by my enemy as costly as I can.