Poll

What do the colonies need in order to boost our enjoyment?

Lets play with rocks!  and by rocks I mean...Find out what REALLY lives near the Lendan Stones.
9 (27.3%)
The Lich King eats mud pies and smells of Elderberrys!!! (He should come out to stop us taunting in his general direction
9 (27.3%)
Huge crator...RIGHT between Lukon and Portion... Stupid barbarians...why do they have to win all the time.
3 (9.1%)
GM intervention... BT cant be the only ones to have all the fun!
5 (15.2%)
Colonies?  Isent that a type of take over?
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Save the Colonies!!!  (Read 27315 times)

Thanatos

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Colonies!!!
« Reply #15: December 30, 2011, 02:35:07 AM »
Hell yeah!... Apocalypse is  always a good idea!! :D

but seriously.... I don't think adding anything in game is really the issue, although some cool additions would be welcome .... travel time is too slow and as mentioned already it just plain takes  to long to get across the island and people get bored waiting over a week just to get next door,  cutting down the time it takes to get anywhere would increase the amount of battles per month and keep more people around.... the way it ist now we're lucky to see a good fight once a month, if that....failing that idea, a warp portal from Portion to Giblot and Alebad would work for us ; )

More fights per month...and more people will stick around for sure, right now we get people join every month and leave out of utter boredom because they can't be bother to travel for 10-14 days just to find our prey has run away and we have to loot an empty region and turn around for another 10-14day trip home... no fun at all there....

Making the regions easier to manage would free more people up for combat too....I know its all part of the game to have to constantly manage regions and its not to say thats a bad thing, it isn't...adds to the realism and makes it more than just a wargame, BUT... with the lack of players on the colonies it makes it harder and sometimes impossible for some realms to wage war and keep their regions stable at the same time....again, less fighting, less action....more people leaving the colonies out of boredom.

as far as people making political changes in the game and re-wiring alliances and wars to make things more interesting.....not so much goona happen I don't think, we all wanna kill who we wanna kill ;) ...long term friends and enemies have been made and we all want to see the outcome of our alliances and wars.....it just takes to damn long to get to where we need to go to kill the people we want to....and half the realm can't come anyway...cuz we have to little players to keep regions from revolting while we're away trying to keep our realms and the island alive with some action.

Big battles and constant fighting is what keeps people around and keeps them into it and not loosing interest... making colony regions easier to maintain and by doing so freeing up more people to fight, and making the travel times and therefore the trips to the battles faster would put some action back in there, and that's what it is seriously lacking at the moment, and why people leave.

Another Liche King rampage, wizards, whatever else would all be cool, but the main problem is the drag and waiting time involved between fights.....any fights.... we can chase undead around or chase realms around, but if it is going to continue to take so long to get from point A to where we get to kill stuff....then I don't see anything really changing as far as more players wanting to stick around long term......that's my 3 cents on it anyway ; )

PS: if you are goona do anything crazy.....the jk about the portal from Portion to Giblot... would be a nice one   ::)  heh