Poll

What do the colonies need in order to boost our enjoyment?

Lets play with rocks!  and by rocks I mean...Find out what REALLY lives near the Lendan Stones.
9 (27.3%)
The Lich King eats mud pies and smells of Elderberrys!!! (He should come out to stop us taunting in his general direction
9 (27.3%)
Huge crator...RIGHT between Lukon and Portion... Stupid barbarians...why do they have to win all the time.
3 (9.1%)
GM intervention... BT cant be the only ones to have all the fun!
5 (15.2%)
Colonies?  Isent that a type of take over?
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Save the Colonies!!!  (Read 27248 times)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Colonies!!!
« Reply #30: December 30, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
So basically, speed up travel and things are good? That's literally 30 seconds and two database queries.

Absolutely that would help. Almost 1 week to travel 2 regions is painful.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #31: December 30, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »
ok

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 30, 2011, 06:36:59 PM »
Thank you for listening. 

This should boost the conflicts a good bit.  Also allows for different approaches to battles.

The long held  idea that you can not be flanked unnoticed may have just flown out the window!

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 30, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
Thanks Tom!

Thanatos

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 30, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »
Nice!....that was fast.....you the man Tom  8)

This'l help things alot, im sure....thanks

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 30, 2011, 10:09:55 PM »
Quit kissing up Thanatos...  a simple thank you is enough!  Sheesh... I play this game with you for nearly a decade and you still wont stop with the "please let me please you" attitude.

Some one punch him.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #36: December 30, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
* Artemesia punches Valast.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: December 30, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
SONOFA!  Un-Cool...

egamma

« Reply #38: December 31, 2011, 04:35:51 AM »
Wow--with 2 database queries, Tom made the roundtrip from Portion to Giblot shrink from 28 to 20 days! That will certainly make things more interesting--if nothing else, that means 3 battles in 2 months, instead of 2 battles in 2 months.

Of course, that also means that the travel time from Briarull to Hilly Holes is shorter, and Wirkfyr to the Steepglades...

Seriously Tom, you have made a major improvement to the playability of the Colonies. Thank you!

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: December 31, 2011, 11:38:45 PM »
I am not sure if that was sarcastic or not....  lol you old dried up goat!

:o

egamma

« Reply #40: January 01, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »
Not sarcastic--you can tell because everything I said is factual. I'm okay with the shorter travel times, the Abaka-Gretzen trip went from 14 hours to 10 hours, enabling Gellin to make the battle in a single turn--and then the "Archer Opening" combined with the old Mixed Infantry berzerker code and my men got slaughtered on the first round.

Dragon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 01, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
Does Giblot agree with quicker travel times though? ;)

Also one thing I've noticed since I first came to the Island about a year back is that Oritolon seems to be the default port for every new character coming to the Island. They have been getting new nobles this entire year while other realms seem to hardly ever get anyone. Unless a person chooses a realm manually they seem to end up in Oritolon by default. 

Are so many people maunally choosing to join the realm of Oritolon?

Or is Oritolon set as the default port for new nobles arriving to the Colonies?

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 02, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »

Also one thing I've noticed since I first came to the Island about a year back is that Oritolon seems to be the default port for every new character coming to the Island. They have been getting new nobles this entire year while other realms seem to hardly ever get anyone. Unless a person chooses a realm manually they seem to end up in Oritolon by default. 

Heh, Oritolon has been haemorrhaging nobles non-stop throughout the year. If people aren't being chucked out through rebellion or cheating, veteran players have been pausing/disappearing for one reason or another. Oritolon also seems to be a favourite destination for deported infiltrators and they scarper away again sharpish. The grass is greener on your side, honestly.

egamma

« Reply #43: January 02, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »
Heh, Oritolon has been haemorrhaging nobles non-stop throughout the year. If people aren't being chucked out through rebellion or cheating, veteran players have been pausing/disappearing for one reason or another. Oritolon also seems to be a favourite destination for deported infiltrators and they scarper away again sharpish. The grass is greener on your side, honestly.

Giblot seems to get a fair number of infiltrators as well. Players that use the duchy selection to look for duchies in need of nobles, probably have Oriolton pop to the top of the list.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 02, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »

It has been a while, so I might be remembering incorrectly. Oritolon has generous tax shares for nobles that don't have an oath. When you get deported and just want to get enough gold to pay the captain for the trip back, this can be very helpful.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.