Poll

What do the colonies need in order to boost our enjoyment?

Lets play with rocks!  and by rocks I mean...Find out what REALLY lives near the Lendan Stones.
9 (27.3%)
The Lich King eats mud pies and smells of Elderberrys!!! (He should come out to stop us taunting in his general direction
9 (27.3%)
Huge crator...RIGHT between Lukon and Portion... Stupid barbarians...why do they have to win all the time.
3 (9.1%)
GM intervention... BT cant be the only ones to have all the fun!
5 (15.2%)
Colonies?  Isent that a type of take over?
7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Save the Colonies!!!  (Read 27272 times)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Save the Colonies!!!
« Topic Start: December 02, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
We love the Colonies... Right?!?

But they are becoming stale.  Now we dont want to break from our characters motivations do we?  So we can not artificially invent OOC answers.

So what exactly would we just like to see come about?

Zakilevo

Re: Save the Colonies!!!
« Reply #1: December 02, 2011, 10:52:28 PM »
Never had a character there. I didn't like the fact it only had one turn change.

egamma

« Reply #2: December 03, 2011, 03:43:24 AM »
Make it easier for the advies to collect portal stones, so that one can collect 8 stones and "detonate" it in Portion City.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 03, 2011, 04:24:51 AM »
Collect all 8 Portal Stones, open a Daimon Invasion Portal and watch the Colonies island burning... Oh, yeah!  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: December 03, 2011, 12:15:30 PM »
Someone did collect 8 portal stones recently on Dwilight. Nothing happened. More realistically, I'd like to see the day when at last the whole urban myth is put to rest by having the adventurer who collects all 8 portal stones activate it, have it do nothing, and have the recoil of the energy that it releases fry the adventurer only and affect absolutely nothing else, thus killing off the adventurer dumb enough to meddle with stuff that he/she cannot understand.

And also because finally that will teach people that portal stones do not do what they think they do anymore. Unless it changes for 5th, but that doesn't seem likely. That seems more like a faith-based religion spread, pen is mightier than the sword thing. You know, the Light's parting words with the whole "Light in our hearts" thing. But of course, I guarantee by the end of 5th, no one will remember that, no one will care that the whole thing about the Light was that it was a manifestation or something or other having to do with the power of human faith. And then BT dies because people in a bigger group start to get dumber as there are more egos flying around, and bad ideas suddenly become more frequent. Funny stuff.

egamma

« Reply #5: December 03, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
Someone did collect 8 portal stones recently on Dwilight. Nothing happened. More realistically, I'd like to see the day when at last the whole urban myth is put to rest by having the adventurer who collects all 8 portal stones activate it, have it do nothing, and have the recoil of the energy that it releases fry the adventurer only and affect absolutely nothing else, thus killing off the adventurer dumb enough to meddle with stuff that he/she cannot understand.

And also because finally that will teach people that portal stones do not do what they think they do anymore.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Adventurer/Items/Usable
A weird stone of no apparent use. However, you have heard that eight such stones form a magic circle in stories and legends. Inside that circle, portals to other places or even worlds can be opened, or closed.
(when used) You need eight portal stones to build a magic circle. Collect X more
(when you use 8 stones) "You put the portal stones into a magic circle. They lock into place and magic flows. Nothing obvious happens for a long while...

Finally, the stones begin to glow, and you become excited, anticipating the opening of a portal to another plane of existence.

However, what you get is not all that you had hoped for. Yes, the stones sing, thunder rolls, and a beam of bright green light shoots up into the sky...but then the stones explode, and you seem to hear a mocking laugh, and the suggestion of a voice whispering, "Come to Beluaterra and try that..." ".
(In the region) "Strange Lights (just in) All in the region see a column of light shoot up into the sky from somewhere nearby, and hear a rumble of thunder, but when nothing else happens, they go back to their business."

We know that there isn't anything that they do, currently,  but we REALLY, REALLY wish that they did work.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #6: December 03, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »
Question... has anyone ever gotten 8 in Beluaterra and activated them?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 04, 2011, 12:22:38 AM »
Question... has anyone ever gotten 8 in Beluaterra and activated them?

They were used in the 3rd invasion. Both ways, I believe.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 04, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
I did in BT one time.  First invasion they were in use.

Was a cool IG message about something.

Sadly it did not help me to fly like super man

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: December 04, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
Snooping around the map, the Lendan Stones, Arak Castle, and the Arrakir, don't have region IDs. Or not anymore. Or...if they do they are really out there random somewhere that make no logical sense in the format of the rest of the map.

The Colonies map is the only one that could definitely use a graphical upgrade though.

egamma

« Reply #10: December 05, 2011, 05:05:26 AM »
Snooping around the map, the Lendan Stones, Arak Castle, and the Arrakir, don't have region IDs. Or not anymore. Or...if they do they are really out there random somewhere that make no logical sense in the format of the rest of the map.

The Colonies map is the only one that could definitely use a graphical upgrade though.

I don't think anyone could ever move to those regions. They're on the wiki for flavor, however. A map upgrade to possibly use those, for invasion or other purpose, could possibly breath new life into the Colonies.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 05, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »
When the Lich King saved OT.... the tunnels to the castle opened up.  One guy from Lukon tried to make it and was trapped in a void between existence and nothing.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: December 05, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »
I once had my character fall into a void of weirdness where he was technically "returned to capital" but showed up in no region, and the region info gave some weird error. Was pretty funny, if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't move anywhere. I could still send messages though.

Crownguard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 05, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »
The Colonies are my favorite continent and I do not find them any more stale than anywhere else in the game.  Lack of players in general and the loss of so many old time players that originally made the game so much fun has led to apathy in general on multiple continents.

Some things that would be great to see on the Colonies though just off the top of my head:

• The Lich King goes on a rampage.  Unleashing undead and monsters to randomly assault the continent.  The bad thing here of course is that the surrounding realms would be the ones that ultimately suffered.  Or instead of unleashing hordes randomly, pull something similar to Beluaterra and have a GM controlled NPC Lich King to unleash evils here and there (I volunteer for the roll BTW).
  • Something to do with the Lendan Stones.
  • Upheaval: another island surfaces off the coast of Wetham city.
  • Magic & Magic scrolls: I have had two scrolls total... ever, used them and they fizzled saying my skill with that wasn't sufficient or something like that.  Drop more scrolls exponentially or introduce something else that proliferates magic and it's use on the Colonies so that our skills with them do increase and they have an actual effect in game.
  • Gamewide: When a city goes rogue it spawns a new realm.  As in Lukon city recently going rogue.  Players will join it for a chance to see power and glory.
  • Make the control penalties so severe for having more than one city on the Colonies that realms are forced to secede duchies unless they have so many knights and so many estates manning them that it is overwhelming.  (Gamewide: Not a bod idea on other continents as well if a realm has more than 3 duchies.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:58:57 PM by Crownguard »

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 05, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Never had a character there. I didn't like the fact it only had one turn change.

Ditto.