Author Topic: BM culture  (Read 44561 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
BM culture
« Topic Start: December 04, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
I have my own thoughts on this, but it's Sunday morning and I'd rather just get the ball rolling first.  Several people have made the observation that there is a disconnect between the culture of older and newer players.  That got me thinking about the different aspects of BM culture.  Things which have been mentioned before are things like PvP vs. team-based play, conceptions of IC and OOC, and trust and civility issues. 

My questions: do real differences exist along these lines?  If so, what are some of the commonly-observed causes?  More importantly, does BM have a generalized culture and if so, (how) do we want to promote and protect it?

Why I'm asking: I've noticed a lot of rudeness IC lately.  Just plain dickishness, really.  There are ways to write that do not involve insulting the players around you and creating a generally unhealthy environment.  Again, perhaps this is a personal preference, but it does appear that there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that there are very large camps on both sides of the issues mentioned at the top.

Comments, please!