Author Topic: BM culture  (Read 44539 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: BM culture
« Topic Start: December 04, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »
I have seen that from rather old players, though not to an exaggerate level. Only saw the major accusations I suppose you are talking about through the forums. It is on the culture of each group.

I have always been of the theory that you've got to make it visible that being a dick to another player is /not/ accepted. For that some warnings, followed by some bolts should things not change, would be very useful. Nobody is forced to love someone else, but they are to respect them. If you cannot keep a minimum level of decency with someone, it means you really hate him, and then the game is no longer a healthy environment. Move along or quit it, else you destroy everyone's game.

Of course, there are several levels of bad behavior, but if we start tolerating small things, they usually escalate into larger ones. There is one thing that has been bothering me for quite a while, and it is the explicit rivalry between players in this same forum. Attached to it there are several comments, some bordering trolling, which just go without anyone saying anything about it. I am rather new to the game, haven't been for a year yet, so I don't feel trying to change the established culture would be wise (or effective, for that matter). But I still don't feel comfortable with such bickering. I don't care if this realm is lame, or if that player is a crybaby/delusional fool. If someone says he is frustrated or annoyed by someone else's behavior, then it's good, because it shows he is attempting to dialogue and have things change. If he says the other player is an idiot, then he is just starting a violent conflict, and given that we cannot actually kill or hurt each other enough to solve the conflict (yes, violence was very useful for solving conflicts, and still is in other environments), nor we want to be in that situation, then we have to employ other methods.

I'm also not interested in starting a witch hunt, on who said what to who. If there could be an agreement that no more trolling-bordering comments, followed by a gentle remark when someone does it, I think it would do the forum first and the game latter a great good. This is at least my preference, someone is bound to be stimulated by this conflicts and enjoy them (thus not wanting to change such culture).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).