Author Topic: BM culture  (Read 44538 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: BM culture
« Topic Start: December 04, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
I would agree, to be rude out of necessity makes for a very unhealthy environment because it promotes others to do the same.  But to the contrary, being rude for a reason is quite realistic in terms of atmosphere. If a decision is made or a noble is acting against my interests, then I'll most certainly express my character's emotions. Nobles just do not agree on every term, for them to dispute and "jest" with words is perfectly acceptable. I should not be forced to act nice, play nice, or write nice, but perhaps we could use more subtlety in doing so, (along with a little more respect.)

Directly to your question, I believe Crescent sums it up quite nicely. New players enter the world ambitious, wanting to experience what Battlemaster has to offer. The old players, usually, have experienced a good portion of it and settle into a more "sustaining" play-type, as Crescent said. To preserve or protect one culture would mean the extermination of the other, and quite frankly, I believe both cultures work together seamlessly.

The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus