Author Topic: Abusing Power as Judge  (Read 4546 times)

Zakilevo

Abusing Power as Judge
« Topic Start: December 05, 2011, 03:49:48 AM »
Player of Shinya

Go and read the Government Rules bulletins.

You are abusing your power as judge, on an OOC level, because even now ignoring the sheer number of nobles you've banned already you're now banning people for no real reason, which is an abuse of the judge power, and also permanently marking people's profiles when Arcachon is soon no longer to be a realm. You're banning people at tournaments who will -never return- to Arcachon, and soon ther will be no Arcachon to do anything to those you've banned. This is your first time with a government position and clearly you don't know the OOC as well as IC level of responsibility.

Stop abusing your power to write all over people's profiles because you're not contributing to the game, you are instead simply showcasing pure dickery.
Justin sony

Player of Rodiriz posted this just now. I did not know there was ooc rule about any government position. What kind of rules are there?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Abusing Power as Judge
« Reply #1: December 05, 2011, 04:23:54 AM »
Seems like a case for the Magistrates to me.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: December 05, 2011, 04:26:57 AM »
Don't know. There are many characters in Arcachon who just talk !@#$ IC and ditch the realm. The judge is just banning those who leave the realm at this point. Just banned someone who decided to do nothing but blame others for the death of Arcachon.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 05, 2011, 04:49:12 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Government_rules

This is the only one I know about. I have never heard that a Judge needs reasons to ban someone, the assumption would be that if they do this AND they don't have support for the action, protests would remove them I guess. The player of Rodiriz has complained about "unfair" bans before, though that time he claimed it was OOC motivated. He posts this on his family page

"OoC. Note: The supposed "ban" Rodiriz recieved was based almost entirely on fabrication, someone abusing RP and ignoring actual IC events for an OoC vendetta"

I guess some people get rather annoyed if their family history shows them being banned, but since not so long ago I was tempted to have my Judge go mad and ban people on whims as well I really don't see the problem with this.

I'd say someone should point him toward this page

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/I_was_just_banned

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:51:36 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #4: December 05, 2011, 04:55:11 AM »
Yeah, I don't think being banned from Archaron at this point in time is a big deal.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 05, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »
First:

This is not the proper way to handle this, and I will be locking the thread after this post.  If you actually believe the government rules, social contract, or inalienable rights are being violated, make a Titan report.

Second:

Without more information, the only thing I saw mentioned that raises my eyebrow was the tournament bit.  A Judge banning people for attending tournaments (note, for attending tournaments, not at tournaments) is an abuse, and will be dealt with.

---

My apologies, I misread the initial post, sorry Zakilevo.  Yes, there are government rules, yes they are important, and yes you will get in big big trouble for violating them.

Please pass on my above stuff to the player of Rodiriz.  Sending a public OOC to the realm is not kosher.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:11:36 AM by Bedwyr »
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 05, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
You're banning people at tournaments who will -never return- to Arcachon, and soon ther will be no Arcachon to do anything to those you've banned.

Sounds like the Judge is banning people who came to Arcarchon for a tourny. That's not an inalienable right, as you basically pointed out above.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 05, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
Sounds like the Judge is banning people who came to Arcarchon for a tourny. That's not an inalienable right, as you basically pointed out above.

They were arcachonians who were going to a tourney. They were banned for mocking and insulting the realm. The fact that they are at a tourney is coincidental.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:31:07 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 05, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
Judges are allowed to abuse their power. As are any other nobles who come to power. There is no rule in the game that characters need to be IC fair and just. In fact, the wiki quite clearly states that characters are allowed to be arbitrary and unfair.

Also, BattleMaster is definitely a PvP game. Your characters routinely contest against other player characters. You will win some, and you will lose some. This will sometimes generate some OOC resentment over the outcomes. A good player will deal with it, and move on.

And begin plotting his revenge!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: December 05, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
Not Rodiriz it seems. He doesn't want 'you got banned' on his profile. I mean if you look at older players' profiles, almost every one of them got banned at least once. I don't know why he wants his to be perfect. If a character got banned from four different realms within a year, you know he will cause trouble in your realm but just being banned once? I don't know what he is afraid of.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 05, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »
Judges are allowed to abuse their power. As are any other nobles who come to power. There is no rule in the game that characters need to be IC fair and just. In fact, the wiki quite clearly states that characters are allowed to be arbitrary and unfair.

Also, BattleMaster is definitely a PvP game. Your characters routinely contest against other player characters. You will win some, and you will lose some. This will sometimes generate some OOC resentment over the outcomes. A good player will deal with it, and move on.

And begin plotting his revenge!

There *are* rules. Though they are unfortunately a bit scattered everyone. For example, you can't ban someone just because he has a character in another realm. Or you can't ban people randomly to make examples. Bans don't need to be IC fair, but they need to be OOC fair.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 05, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »
What's that smell?

Smells like a case for the Magistrates, and a chance for them to lay out a formal, unified affirmation and re-explanation of what is and isn't abuse of a government position.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 05, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »
What's that smell?

Smells like a case for the Magistrates, and a chance for them to lay out a formal, unified affirmation and re-explanation of what is and isn't abuse of a government position.

Agreed.

Honestly, at first, I thought I was reading a titan judgement being shared...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 06, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Government_rules

Did anything ever get done about Government rules no longer being displayed on election/appointment of new council members?