Author Topic: Wear & Tear in cities  (Read 5979 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Wear & Tear in cities
« Topic Start: December 05, 2011, 06:49:06 PM »
I have my character in a city, in Dwilight, and their unit is still taking damage at much the same rate as they would outside a city. I can only presume that this has still to be fixed?

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Wear & Tear in cities
« Reply #1: December 05, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »
Is the city part of your realm?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 06, 2011, 12:00:48 AM »
And is the city itself in a good state of repair?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 06, 2011, 07:22:21 AM »
Is the city part of your realm?

Yes.

And is the city itself in a good state of repair?

No. Got about 350 people, zero production. Core control though.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 06, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »
Then exactly WHAT facilities do you think are going to help you maintain your weapons? The city can barely look after itself.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 08, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
Then exactly WHAT facilities do you think are going to help you maintain your weapons? The city can barely look after itself.

Heh, I never thought it even mattered.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #6: December 09, 2011, 12:51:02 AM »
They are part of the Nobility Perks Suite of contractual features for all nobility to enjoy. Features include: Functional immortality excepting the subclass of hero and/or a preexisting ban and/or a death duel. Absolute lack of requirements for food and/or waste removal (This can be observed when in a starving region. Your soldiers will starve. The peasants will starve. You will never need to worry about food because there will somehow always be food for you). Immense stamina allowing you to do things continuously for at most 16 hours with only 8 hours in between for sleep and other stuff.

Yeah, this is mostly for game convenience. After all, who would like it if you had to dedicate a few hours actively to things like acquiring and eating food, going to the toilet, and sleeping (Granted, for the last one, depending on the pace at which you want to play, you might have to do that actively as an adventurer).

So the whole dropping your unit in a city so that they don't fight over gear sounds like a package deal. That reminds me of the time I once had a unit that was 100% equipment damaged, yet never got injured from that. It was interesting.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 09, 2011, 03:11:58 AM »
They are part of the Nobility Perks Suite of contractual features for all nobility to enjoy. Features include: Functional immortality excepting the subclass of hero and/or a preexisting ban and/or a death duel. Absolute lack of requirements for food and/or waste removal (This can be observed when in a starving region. Your soldiers will starve. The peasants will starve. You will never need to worry about food because there will somehow always be food for you). Immense stamina allowing you to do things continuously for at most 16 hours with only 8 hours in between for sleep and other stuff.

Yeah, this is mostly for game convenience. After all, who would like it if you had to dedicate a few hours actively to things like acquiring and eating food, going to the toilet, and sleeping (Granted, for the last one, depending on the pace at which you want to play, you might have to do that actively as an adventurer).

So the whole dropping your unit in a city so that they don't fight over gear sounds like a package deal. That reminds me of the time I once had a unit that was 100% equipment damaged, yet never got injured from that. It was interesting.

Can't you fall ill yourself if in a starving region? Or am I getting mixed up with the flavor text for your unit?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: December 09, 2011, 12:02:57 PM »
I've never seen that happen. In fact, you can include immunity to all diseases in that list. Unless you RP catching the cold, or an STD from that time you took your men to a brothel, or radiation poisoning from activating portal stones like an idiot, you never ever fall ill. Pretty cool to be a non-heroic noble.

I heard that at a certain age you can get random wounds, but I am not sure whether such rumor is true. loren is about the only one who can confirm or deny that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 09, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
Can't you fall ill yourself if in a starving region? Or am I getting mixed up with the flavor text for your unit?
I don't think I've ever had my character fall ill from starvation.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 09, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »
I don't think I've ever had my character fall ill from starvation.

Must be the unit's message, then, that I am confusing with other things.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:02:21 PM by Chénier »

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 09, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »
Immense stamina allowing you to do things continuously for at most 16 hours with only 8 hours in between for sleep and other stuff.

Heck, if you're a priest or adventurer, you can in theory be active 24/7.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 09, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »
Heck, if you're a priest or adventurer, you can in theory be active 24/7.

Adventurers need to rest.

And priests can "preach" from their bed, didn't you know? :P

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #13: December 10, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
Adventurers need to rest.

And priests can "preach" from their bed, didn't you know? :P

Actually, if you have enough honey and/or kegs of beer, your advy can, in fact, act 24/7 without rest.

Hoo boy, that puts a really wonky thought: You can go on forever on just beer! Oh wow!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #14: December 10, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
The dream of many frat boys.