Poll

How do you feel about making the Colonies a testing island?

I have a character in the Colonies and I think it's a great idea
6 (31.6%)
I have a character in the Colonies and I think it's a terrible idea
2 (10.5%)
I don't have a character in the Colonies and I think it's a great idea
5 (26.3%)
I don't have a character in the Colonies and I think it's a terrible idea
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 04, 2012, 02:04:29 PM

Author Topic: Make the Colonies a testing island?  (Read 3326 times)

egamma

Make the Colonies a testing island?
« Topic Start: December 05, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »
Right now, there are 10 rogue regions in the colonies--more than any other island, other than Dwilight. This is due to a lack of players. I think the New Estate system--yes, I know it's unfinished--would be a huge help.

Right now, Lukon and Oriolton would be able to gain back several regions. Minas Thalion or Outer Tilog would fight over Volkanita, as would Outer Tilog and Giblot, and Giblot and the Assassins.

My point is, New Estates would make the Colonies a shot-in-the-arm as far as things to do is concerned. Every single realm would have the opportunity to gain at least one region, if not more.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Make the Colonies a testing island?
« Reply #1: December 05, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »
The real problem is not having enough players.

Help me fix that, and you solve the actual issue.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 05, 2011, 02:12:59 PM »
I think the New Estate system--yes, I know it's unfinished--would be a huge help.

Heh, give it to all the islands...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #3: December 05, 2011, 02:15:03 PM »
Heh, give it to all the islands...
In support of that.  Once a few of the kinks are worked out.  Especially the issue with estates not being given up automatically when people leave the realm, etc.

Crownguard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 05, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »
I agree with Tom, the issue is simple lack of players.  And I can speak for the rogue regions between Outer Tilog and Giblot... the realms are at war.

I would also wager that the game is designed more for smaller realms than gigantic empires.  To adjust the estates for even less knights being needed to maintain a region only helps the bulkier realms continue to be bulky and domineering.  So if anything all the rogue regions indicates the need for some secessions.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: December 05, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »
The number of register players is steadily going up. Maybe Tom should make an ad for BM players to post?

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 06, 2011, 02:15:19 AM »
Right now, there are 10 rogue regions in the colonies--more than any other island, other than Dwilight. This is due to a lack of players. I think the New Estate system--yes, I know it's unfinished--would be a huge help.

Right now, Lukon and Oriolton would be able to gain back several regions. Minas Thalion or Outer Tilog would fight over Volkanita, as would Outer Tilog and Giblot, and Giblot and the Assassins.

My point is, New Estates would make the Colonies a shot-in-the-arm as far as things to do is concerned. Every single realm would have the opportunity to gain at least one region, if not more.

I do think it worth mentioning that multi-duchy realms are horrible things to try and support on Colonies and that several of those regions would probably be left rogue anyway even if there were an influx of players or a change to estates. For Lukon/Oritolon, not expanding further than eight or so regions is more than just a noble issue.

STiAle

• Freeman
  • Safe, Sane, Consensual
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 06, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »
Seriously?
With many Colonies players too busy with RL that we chose single turn game? How would making it unstable not reduce its number of players?
No other word is better than the last word!

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 06, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »
The number of register players is steadily going up. Maybe Tom should make an ad for BM players to post?

I noticed the blue line rise as well.. But what's worrying is that the orange and red lines are pretty constant... So are those players just joining up and then forgetting all about the game?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell