Author Topic: Ron Paul  (Read 19186 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul
« Reply #15: December 08, 2011, 02:00:30 AM »

Don't get me wrong; I'd vote for him over Obama.

Poor Obama. I can't help but feel he is leading the wrong country. His policies resonate more with Australians then they seem to with Americans.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: December 08, 2011, 04:14:24 AM »
I though he only got elected because he was a black. The first black president of us.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 08, 2011, 04:17:36 AM »
I though he only got elected because he was a black. The first black president of us.

Think harder.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 08, 2011, 04:19:35 AM »
No, he got elected because he's liberal, conservatives !@#$ed up the whole world for the 8 years prior, Hillary failed catastrophically, and he ran a good campaign. He won in spite of being black. Slavery isn't ancient history, and a lot of Americans are still racist and bigoted, especially on a subconscious level.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 08, 2011, 04:28:07 AM »
Lol politics... or should I say lolitics.

Zakilevo

« Reply #20: December 08, 2011, 05:29:39 AM »
Eh all the promises Obama made turned out to be lies. Or maybe I watched too many videos from the supporters of Ron Paul LOL

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: December 08, 2011, 05:40:47 AM »
No, he got elected because he's liberal, conservatives !@#$ed up the whole world for the 8 years prior, Hillary failed catastrophically, and he ran a good campaign. He won in spite of being black. Slavery isn't ancient history, and a lot of Americans are still racist and bigoted, especially on a subconscious level.

I'm not sure anyone can honestly lay blame to either side of the American political spectrum. Both sides !@#$ up the world and country in big ways when they are in power.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: December 08, 2011, 05:49:34 AM »
I'm not sure anyone can honestly lay blame to either side of the American political spectrum. Both sides !@#$ up the world and country in big ways when they are in power.
AFAIK Obama hasn't invaded two countries for bull!@#$ reasons yet
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #23: December 08, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »
It was Bush who invaded two nations for a bs reason. OMG Iraq has a weapon of mass destruction!

Uhh US and Russia have weaponS of mass destruction.. If the super powers leave other nations alone, they don't even need such weapons.

I just love how ignorant people are toward the Global warming. The sea level is rising every year and it will rise faster as the years pass by. A picture from Anno 2070 shows what will happen when all the ice melts. Europe half sunk, Africa 1/3 and no Florida (Thank god no more morons crying about their houses being destroyed).

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 08, 2011, 06:41:01 AM »
It was Bush who invaded two nations for a bs reason. OMG Iraq has a weapon of mass destruction!

The war in Afghanistan was legit. Al Queda wanted to destroy America because the America government screwed Afghanistan over, and they proved they wanted to destroy America with the 9/11 attacks. So whether Al Queda was justifiable for going to war against America, America was simple fighting back.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 08, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
The war in Afghanistan was legit. Al Queda wanted to destroy America because the America government screwed Afghanistan over, and they proved they wanted to destroy America with the 9/11 attacks. So whether Al Queda was justifiable for going to war against America, America was simple fighting back.

I'm sorry, that would be supposing there was evidence of real links between Al Queda and the Afghanistan Taliban, you know the guys the CIA put in power when they opposed Russian occupation. The links thus far revealed in no way justify the cost and the civilian lives lost in that conflict.

Zakilevo

« Reply #26: December 08, 2011, 06:58:59 AM »
Sorry 9/11 did not happen because US was free and prosperous. If you have stir things over seas for decades, you should have known something big could happen in your yard too. Husain came to power because of CIA and once he became useless to US, they got rid of him. And Iran actually was a republic until CIA turned it into a tyranny.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: December 08, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
I'm sorry, that would be supposing there was evidence of real links between Al Queda and the Afghanistan Taliban, you know the guys the CIA put in power when they opposed Russian occupation. The links thus far revealed in no way justify the cost and the civilian lives lost in that conflict.

America would have had to go into Afghanistan whether the Taliban supported Al Queda or not. Also an argument could be made that Afghanistan civilian casualties are a necessary consequence in order to protect American civilians that America owes protection to first. Same argument for the atomic bombs on Japan. Though it would be better to say the way the war was carried out should have been much better if possible, but that is separate from the reasons why America needed to intervene.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: December 08, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »

Going into Afghanistan to take out Al Qaeda was probably necessary. Staying there to engage in large-scale regime change probably wasn't.

AFAIK Obama hasn't invaded two countries for bull!@#$ reasons yet

In all frankness, I think that, in 50 years, people will look back on our present period and refer to "Bush-Obama" foreign policy as a unitary thing. The main disputes are not hawk vs. dove. Drawdowns would have happened eventually under any president, Obama expanded the war in Afghanistan, and Obama has pursued the global war on terror in other countries with more aggression than Bush ever did. Consider the raid that got Osama bin Laden. Consider the number of drone strikes, especially in the Horn of Africa. Consider the response in Libya vs. the response in the Sudan.

Consider the relationships between their respective "Cairo speeches." Bush's which was about democracy, Obama's which was... not. Consider the expansion of democratic rights in almost every Middle Eastern nation under Bush, and the Arab Spring during Obama's time. Neither can take credit for either, but both, ultimately, took fairly similar responses. Consider Kyoto Protocal and global environmental treaties.

Post 9/11 foreign policy for the US has not yet seen a major change in guiding principles or operating practices. Our allies/enemies lists have not substantively changed. Obama has opened NEW military bases abroad, not reduced them.

I'm not saying that's good or bad. Just saying that their foreign policies aren't that different, and the historical judgment may be quite different from our current judgment.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: December 25, 2011, 01:21:19 AM »
Honestly it looks like Obama is going to be re-elected just because all the Republican candidates are rubbish. Ron Paul may be the best out of them, but he represents what America doesn't need right now.

Naturally, I'm part of the Green Party.  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)