Author Topic: Ron Paul  (Read 19221 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul
« Reply #45: January 15, 2012, 05:40:02 AM »
Vellos, how can you say all this and support Paul? You know that he wants to whittle down the US military to just enough to protect US territories, right? That probably means the US will no longer have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined.

1. I'm not sure how Vellos simply recognizing the reality of American military supremacy around the world would negates him from supporting any particular political viewpoint. He was mostly just stating fact, not commenting whether it should or should not be so.

2. I don't Ron Paul has ever said he wants to whittle down the military to just protect U.S. territories. I am pretty sure he advocates a very strong national defense. His primary foreign policy issue is that there is a big difference having great national defense capable of defending our home and striking out at our enemies if needed, and permanently and constantly exerting military influence all the time in all places around the world. But, mostly what he has harped on in this campaign has been "bring the troops home" and "stop effing stuff up abroad."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)