Author Topic: Is there something changed with the map on the travel page on Beluaterra?  (Read 18071 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
It shows up as a map with no borders, no region names, no blight. The region I am currently in is highlighted (Grehk).

The Dwilight pages is as usual.

It could be a bug, or something is changing due to the invasion. I don't know.

I use Chromium 14.0.835.202.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Try clicking and dragging on the changed map.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Funky! The rest will be added later then? Nice sweet little thing, handy if you need to go to some region further away :)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Yes, dragging and zooming does work (Thanks!!!).

Is it normal that the region names and borders don't appear?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
This is only the tiniest tip of the iceberg.  Just wait till you see some of the other stuff we're working on!

The key here is being able to draw the shapes of individual regions on the map.  This lets us do all kinds of fun highlights.

In fact, if you have any ideas about what sorts of map-based visualizations you'd like, please feel free to share them.  If they're impossible (or impractical), we can just tell you ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yes, dragging and zooming does work (Thanks!!!).

Is it normal that the region names and borders don't appear?

We'll be putting those back as we fine-tune the system.  As with a lot of other stuff we're working on, it's pretty new to us, too.
Timothy Collett

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
This is only the tiniest tip of the iceberg.  Just wait till you see some of the other stuff we're working on!

The key here is being able to draw the shapes of individual regions on the map.  This lets us do all kinds of fun highlights.

In fact, if you have any ideas about what sorts of map-based visualizations you'd like, please feel free to share them.  If they're impossible (or impractical), we can just tell you ;D

1. Realm color-coding
2. Color-coding by diplomatic status in relation to a selected nation
3. Color-coding by if the region has a lord or not

I'll think of more.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to notice. :-)

We are working on the coolest map EVER, and have been for months. When we're done, I can personally guarantee that you'll be blown away.

Want a sneak preview? BT and Dwilight only, when you're logged into a character, go here:
http://battlemaster.org/testing/dynamicmap3.php

And now tell me this didn't blow your mind. Did you notice that it auto-centers on your current region?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
It doesn't work for adventurers yet.

1. Realm color-coding

Done. :D

3. Color-coding by if the region has a lord or not
Good ideas.

For religions/guilds:
  • Whether or not the region has a temple/guildhouse/safehouse
  • Percentage of followers
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

The realm color-coding only extends partway up the Dwilight map at the default zoom--my character's in Madina, and there's a line through Golden Farrow. When I zoom out the other (northern) realms are colored correctly.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The realm color-coding only extends partway up the Dwilight map at the default zoom--my character's in Madina, and there's a line through Golden Farrow. When I zoom out the other (northern) realms are colored correctly.

This is a bug in the mapping framework we're using, and we're working on finding a way around it.

On the dynamicmap3 page, resizing the window (even by a tiny amount) should force a redraw, which will make it draw the part you're looking at.
Timothy Collett

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

ok, here you are. Please note that it takes quite some time to calculate, as we don't yet cache it. We should definitely do that.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
We'll be putting those back as we fine-tune the system.  As with a lot of other stuff we're working on, it's pretty new to us, too.

It's working now!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Ok. You asked for it.

I want ambassadors to be able to draw arbitrary color codes on maps and include those in treaties. That way they can draw claimed areas, treaties and the like.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to notice. :-)

We are working on the coolest map EVER, and have been for months. When we're done, I can personally guarantee that you'll be blown away.

I'm glad to see that this is finally coming to fruition. It really had (and has) me excited when it was first discussed :D

Want a sneak preview? BT and Dwilight only, when you're logged into a character, go here:
http://battlemaster.org/testing/dynamicmap3.php

Session data not valid or incomplete. The most obvious reasons for this are:

Login error (wrong password or username). Solution: Use the correct username and/or password.
    Session timeout - you remained logged in for more than 20 minutes without doing anything. Solution: Please log in again.
    Tried direct access to a page within the game (e.g. from a bookmark). Solution: Only bookmark the login page. Log in again now.
    Cookies disabled in your browser, proxy or firewall. Solution: Enable cookies.