Author Topic: Feature request: "Fame points for realms"  (Read 19114 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Feature request: "Fame points for realms"
« Reply #60: December 16, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
How about have at least one RP a day? next with two RPs and three RPs a day?

egamma

« Reply #61: December 16, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
How about have at least one RP a day? next with two RPs and three RPs a day?

Too easy to game.

"okay everyone, instead of writing letters, from now on write a roleplay about dictating a letter to your scribe"

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: December 24, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »
Maybe these should be separated into Fame and Infamy points. Things that a realm would tend to be proud of "large army, good fortifications, lots of gold" can ad fame, while things which would make a realm generally look bad "several rebellions, being hated by several realms" would ad Infamy. Both are displayed as separate numbers (infamy isn't subtracted from fame).

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #63: December 25, 2011, 04:25:57 AM »
Well, we do have a family history, but even that doesn't differentiate between fame and infamy. Sure there are fame points, but that's something different. It's more akin to achievements in those Xbox games.

I think it might work well if we just list the things that happened and let players decide for themselves whether it's good or bad. I mean, look at some families (*cough* Lef-- *cough* ahem, phew fried chicken) that have had probably more bans and more rebellion leaders than anyone else (Not to mention the ones undocumented on the family history like being the actual mastermind behind the rebellion and/or secession, or being the evil dude who screwed over everyone else, or allying with monsters for bad intentions.

Ok, so maybe it might help to have easier to view categories, because apparently characters either don't care about what other noble families' members have done in the past (Which is simply absurd. As far as I know, a noble was judged as much, if not more, for what his family was and did than his own achievements. Hence, the importance of bloodline, where the noble was really jsut the guy to continue the blood to the next generation while acting in a way such as not to bring shame to the family name. Could be wrong, since I'm not a Medieval Studies Ph.D., but eh, I thought that the whole "Individual Merit" thing was a commoner idea born when the social stratification relaxed a bit...but still centuries after the Middle Ages.)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #64: December 25, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »
I won't do a good/bad interpretation. Many things are in a grey area and judgement is something that I'd like to push to the players more and more.

See the new takeover system - the game is not judgmental on oppression vs. sympathy. Both approaches work. Both will soon have long-term consequences. But nowhere does the game tell you that you're a meany for killing a few peasants.